Anyone identify this muzzleloader bullet?

whitetailrick

My friend sent me a pic of a ML bullet that is pointed with a black plastic tip. It also has a white washer like backing that looks like it's screwed into the rear.

I think roadrunner is right. Is this the one your looking for.

Fury 50cal Universal Fit Bullet​

414.png

FYI, if your barrel has a counter bored muzzle for ease of loading it may not shoot these or other full non saboted bullets well. I tried these in my Encore, which groups and inch or better at 100 with Barnes saboted bullets. It shot these Furys into about an 8 inch pattern. I do intend to try them from a non counter bored barrel before counting them out.

FYI, if your barrel has a counter bored muzzle for ease of loading it may not shoot these or other full non saboted bullets well. I tried these in my Encore, which groups and inch or better at 100 with Barnes saboted bullets. It shot these Furys into about an 8 inch pattern. I do intend to try them from a non counter bored barrel before counting them out.
The fix for that common issue is to use a sub-base with it or have the TC QLA cut off and recrowned.

The Fury Universal 50 ca. (.495) load and shoot well out of my CVA Accura V2 and Optima V2. They fit the bore snugly but will load with moderate effort (no sledge hammer needed to load). I will be shooting the 320 grs. for elk this year.
All the Furies tend to be good shooters. They are soft with a thin jacket though. I’d be careful about which shots I took on a big elk.

All the Furies tend to be good shooters. They are soft with a thin jacket though. I’d be careful about which shots I took on a big elk.
Tried the Thor 300s but impossible to load in my Accura V2 and MR-X 50 cal.. Hornady Bore Driver FTX loads and shoots okay but they look seem kinda soft. Which full bore bullet would you recommend for elk 100 yds and in. No scope? Williams WPRS system.

Tried the Thor 300s but impossible to load in my Accura V2 and MR-X 50 cal.. Hornady Bore Driver FTX loads and shoots okay but they look seem kinda soft. Which full bore bullet would you recommend for elk 100 yds and in. No scope? Williams WPRS system.
Did you determine which size Thor you need by using their sizing pack? The skirt is the only “sized” portion and is very easy to size up or down a little for proper fit. With a little effort you should be able to get them to work. They are a great bullet.

If you don’t want to go to the trouble - maybe try a 460 gr No Excuses conical if your shots will be under 100 yards.

Did you determine which size Thor you need by using their sizing pack? The skirt is the only “sized” portion and is very easy to size up or down a little for proper fit. With a little effort you should be able to get them to work. They are a great bullet.

If you don’t want to go to the trouble - maybe try a 460 gr No Excuses conical if your shots will be under 100 yards.

Tried the sizing sample kit first. Ordered the appropriate size bullets based on the kit. What I received was impossible to load. Dissapointed. I may reach out to the guys at Muzzleloaders.com or Thor and hear what they have to say. I know the Bore Drivers and Fury shoot well so one of these will be my default hunting bullet. bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom