Anyone know if Newberg is in 130 right now?

I also remember when hunting WASN'T a competition. 130 type 1 is as competitive a hunting scene as you'll see. If you like hunting as a competition, apply for 130 type 1, where everyone brings a host of friends and relatives to hunt one square mile. Be sure to bring your radios and phones! He with the fastest ATV and best radios could win the top prize of the biggest, most internet-worthy monster of the year! Congrats?! I won't be making the odds for drawing that tag worse. You're welcome.

Hell I wouldn't complain about mossback or Randy or other hunters. Sounds to me he felt a little out classed. But I'm a little jealous I wasn't there with a tag now killing a good buck is one thing but when you have that many outstanding hunters in one unit and you kill a good buck now that's something to hang your hat on I can promise you I wouldn't be on here with that kind of competition around me. Hope you got a good deer and remember next time go talk to people it's more about the experience than tagging some stinking animal.

312241446_10229873521764489_739308885340032624_n.jpg

Hunters yelling at other hunters, influencers, gov tag holders, extra spotters, hot weather, no migration, and a rant on a hunting forum. What a hoot!
I'm still laughing at "influencers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reading this thread makes me appreciate the 12 mile roundtrip with a 70# pack on my back with 3,000 feet elevation change I did in WY this year even more than EVER!!!

True! If your pack is 70 lbs hiking in to hunt you pack way too much chit. And if it’s 70 lbs coming out with a deer you didn’t pack all the deer meat out hahahaha
No. That's not true. The weight of your pack depends a lot on how long you will be on the mountain, and what the weather conditions might be. You can easily hit 70 pounds if staying longer than a week.

No. That's not true. The weight of your pack depends a lot on how long you will be on the mountain, and what the weather conditions might be. You can easily hit 70 pounds if staying longer than a week.
Bullshit. 10 days hunts you would have to pack some stupid chit to get to 70. He needs to check his scale which is way off.

Well let's see your itemized ten day hunt list with weights.
I don’t have one because that isn’t necessary. I do weigh my pack before my trips though. If I throw in a lot of extra luxury items I may hit 60 lbs. and I use the heaviest pack on the market likely. My pack weighs 10 lbs with nothing in it. I have other packs that weigh 5 pounds and unless I’m throwing in cast iron frying pan and a midget there is no way I would hit close to 70. Even winter hunting where you’re camping out and need the most additional gear it’s damn near impossible to hit 70 lbs.

His 70 lb pack is likely an exaggeration. Like I said if he did have one he had a lot of chit he didn’t need. But likely he just guessed what it weighed.

Pack weight and miles walked are greatly exaggerated.

If you would like a breakdown of my setup though I’m more than willing to PM you one after I get back from this hunt. I do spend more time backpack hunting than almost anyone on this site. I would be willing to take the time to weigh it all out for you. Shout me a PM as it will likely be in an excel file if you want the list.

I don’t have one because that isn’t necessary. I do weigh my pack before my trips though. If I throw in a lot of extra luxury items I may hit 60 lbs. and I use the heaviest pack on the market likely. My pack weighs 10 lbs with nothing in it. I have other packs that weigh 5 pounds and unless I’m throwing in cast iron frying pan and a midget there is no way I would hit close to 70. Even winter hunting where you’re camping out and need the most additional gear it’s damn near impossible to hit 70 lbs.

His 70 lb pack is likely an exaggeration. Like I said if he did have one he had a lot of chit he didn’t need. But likely he just guessed what it weighed.

If you would like a breakdown of my setup though I’m more than willing to PM you one after I get back from this hunt. I do spend more time backpack hunting than almost anyone on this site. I would be willing to take the time to weigh it all out for you. Shout me a PM as it will likely be in an excel file if you want the list.

Heck a midget and a frying pan could be a guys best friend on a 130 hunt. Just throwing it out there..

I'm not calling anyone specific out and I'm sure you all have longer d!cks than me but.....

Ss said, "Pack weight and miles walked are greatly exaggerated".

Yes^^^, Like a regular poster on here talking about an elk hunt and he averaged over 10 miles per day OFF TRAIL and didn't kill an elk. Well duh!!!

I'd say that was GREATLY exaggerated.

It's also like the "elevation CHANGE" vs elevation gain. Misleading or grossly exaggerated by some guys.

I've backpack-hunted sheep/deer/elk enough to know that if I hit 70 lbs, I'm packing twice too much crap!

Zeke

You can post it here or feel free to send it. It's up to you.

I have packed in a couple times for a week or longer, and I weighed my pack as well as everything in it. It was 70 pounds or more. I weighed everything well in advance of pack in day, so I knew the right weight to work out with.

I don't think I had a crazy amount of stuff with me, but maybe I had more than some. The gun, ammo, bino, spotter, tripods, etc..added a lot of weight. I also burn a ton of calories on an average day, so possibly my food weight was higher. Also had to have quite a bit of water and be prepared for the cold. These are some of the things that could create differences in pack weights.

I am not in the physical shape I once was, but packing 70# is not some unbelievable accomplishment if you get yourself in shape. I suppose if I thought 70# was too physically taxing, I would find a way to reduce the weight.

Anybody that hunts elk by themselves more than a couple miles off the road in steep terrain better be prepared to pack loads 70 pounds or greater for long distances w significant elevation gains (especially when considering the number of trips required). I am sure I am not the only one who likes to do that, but I am getting to the age where that is becoming increasingly difficult. Obviously, this hunting style is not an option in warmer weather because it usually takes more than one day to get the animal out.

Anyway, a 70# pack weight is very possible and not some unbelievable task for those that are in shape and not too long in the tooth. With that said, I will acknowledge a lot of people exaggerate like crazy.

Those spots without water suck! That can add extra days to the hunt, with out a pack animal.

You can post it here or feel free to send it. It's up to you.

I have packed in a couple times for a week or longer, and I weighed my pack as well as everything in it. It was 70 pounds or more. I weighed everything well in advance of pack in day, so I knew the right weight to work out with.

I don't think I had a crazy amount of stuff with me, but maybe I had more than some. The gun, ammo, bino, spotter, tripods, etc..added a lot of weight. I also burn a ton of calories on an average day, so possibly my food weight was higher. Also had to have quite a bit of water and be prepared for the cold. These are some of the things that could create differences in pack weights.

I am not in the physical shape I once was, but packing 70# is not some unbelievable accomplishment if you get yourself in shape. I suppose if I thought 70# was too physically taxing, I would find a way to reduce the weight.

Anybody that hunts elk by themselves more than a couple miles off the road in steep terrain better be prepared to pack loads 70 pounds or greater for long distances w significant elevation gains (especially when considering the number of trips required). I am sure I am not the only one who likes to do that, but I am getting to the age where that is becoming increasingly difficult. Obviously, this hunting style is not an option in warmer weather because it usually takes more than one day to get the animal out.

Anyway, a 70# pack weight is very possible and not some unbelievable task for those that are in shape and not too long in the tooth. With that said, I will acknowledge a lot of people exaggerate like crazy.

Don't forget to add in the fact that this experience requires max points!

Sounds like Wyoming has an identity crisis and needs to come out of the closet to admit they really want to be just like Utah! lol
We did send up Doyle's crew, your welcome

Don't know Randy personally, I've taken a few shots at his "buisness", and he's had no problem reacting, we've still disagreed, but I respect a guy who speaks up.

The ISSUE is not Randy. But unfortunately he is one of the godfathers of the issue.

Eastmans, Newberg, Rinella. All showed how a business can be run by filming hunting on public land, so now a guy can't beat a dead horse without having a wanna be Marcus and Randy running around capturi g content.

Add to that Utah's finest, Mossback, and I don't blame the OP for being pissed.

Somewhere we lost what hunting was, for likes, $$$, and fame. Too bad

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom