Anyone know if Newberg is in 130 right now?

Timberhunter

If anyone knows him and knows if he’s in 130 right now let me know pls. Whoever keeps filming interviews and content right under me in the middle of the migration route is a grade A idiot. Grey F150 I think raptor. 100s of square miles to film but right under me while I’ve been sitting out here for days freezing my arse off on a once in a lifetime tag. This unit has a few special individuals that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Nope not all but he should know better. Didn’t say a word the first time he did it. The 2nd time 500 yds under me where the deer cross with a cpl days left was enough. He can film anywhere out here but he should know better than right where the deer come into the unit. He even said he did all the research when he drew the tag. You can’t defend this guy dude. No way he drew the tag again if it’s him so he’s just screwing everyone else with tags. I’m almost positive it was him.

There’s a lot of spots those deer come into the unit. With so few tags and so much land to have any conflict is silly at best.

He can stop by my camp at night, I’ll drop him a pin if he wants to talk. I’m not really up here to conversate with content creators.

As true professionals they will wait till post hunt to interview you.

Shoot the next 150 class buck you see. Prove them wrong. Then get on here and say “didn’t get the weather”. Or “the unit is down”. Or blame it on them…

I’m not in a truck but I am sitting in the few spots where I can glass miles where I’ve been seeing deer cause there hasn’t been many anywhere else I’ve been. I can’t hunt the wilderness plus there’s ppl driving all over the never ending forest roads. It’s been fairly slow. Seen a few hundred deer just not the right ones. Spoke with the biologist today, he confirmed there isn’t squat here yet.

I’ve been down south of the prospects and glassed a bunch as well, not much there either. In no way am I bitching about the weather or unit. Now the YouTuber under me I am bitching about. Got a few days left we’ll see what happens.

That’s the point, it’s a super LE tag. Don’t pull Colorado otc crap on these hunts. Go film in the other 500 sq miles where nobody is.

You should be happy if Randy newberg has a tag. I wouldn’t consider him competition and he’s likely going to be more respectful than the locals.

If his presence is upsetting you put some sand under his valve stem caps and crank them down. To be clear do this to his truck and not yours. I feel like I had to clarify that.

You should be happy if Randy newberg has a tag. I wouldn’t consider him competition and he’s likely going to be more respectful than the locals.

If his presence is upsetting you put some sand under his valve stem caps and crank them down. To be clear do this to his truck and not yours. I feel like I had to clarify that.
He drew 128 a couple years ago, I doubt he has the 130 tag only a couple years later.

I don't even think there is a random for that tag right?

Maybe he is filming someone else......

I totally get this. All September while bowhunting the farm hands kept driving tractors and such and messing my hunt up. Kinda rude or them. Who the hell does this private land think he is? Don't they realize I am hunting and their farming can be put on hold while I sit on their haystack

Here is proof, this poor little buck heard that tractor and threw his tail up.

Screenshot_20221029-110739_Snapchat.jpg

Well he's worried about upsetting people by corner crossing so I'm sure he'd move out of your way If you went and talked to him so you wouldnt be upset too.

Agreed. Go talk to him. Even those I dislike newberg I would bet he would be more than willing to move etc. Likely he doesn’t know you’re there. Have your seen his glasses? Coke bottle thick.

Them Are Known as MAGNIFYING GLASSES SS!

JUDAS!

Agreed. Go talk to him. Even those I dislike newberg I would bet he would be more than willing to move etc. Likely he doesn’t know you’re there. Have your seen his glasses? Coke bottle thick.

I'm not a fan of Newberg or any of the rest of the internet hunters but public land is open for multiple use including film making. Knowing Randy, he has all his permits in order and is playing by the rules so there's not much you can do other than politely ask him to film somewhere else. I bet he would oblige but might make a comment about you in his feature film before shrugging his shoulders and reminding his loyal followers what a martyr he is having to deal with mere mortals who share his public lands.---SS

I don't know @BigFin from Adam, But I find it hard to believe that he would intentionally try to screw up anyone's hunt. This seems like a case where you should have gone and talked to him.

I hunted that area with a friend last year. It is a very small area that has a lot of traffic this time of the year. Pretty easy to get in each other's way.

I hunted that area with a friend last year. It is a very small area that has a lot of traffic this time of the year. Pretty easy to get in each other's way.
Happy to avoid these kind of hunts. Too bad some of the people that do them revert to spoiled children complaining about the other guy they don’t like seeing from “their” glassing ridge. All while the other guy probably is over there complaining about him.

My son burned max points to get the tag this year. I had it in 2019. We were there for the last five days, with him filling his tag yesterday.

Not sure if you have hunted or scouted this area before. It's a pretty easy area to figure out with a little research. And yeah, it was crowded as hell, given there was no snow, no migration to speak of, and it seemed many tag holders had multiple vehicles there. For folks hunting the boundary like you were, that puts a lot of people within a few miles of each other, all on BLM or State Trust Land.

As for you pitching a fit about us filming at mid-day, it was 1:00 pm when you started yelling, I don't even know for sure what you said, as you were far away and the wind was blowing. Marcus told me you were pissed about something. So, we packed up, I waved to you and yelled "Good luck."

We then drove up to another glassing knob way above your spot. It was then I could see your white truck tucked away on the south/west side of the rock ridge, of which we were filming down below 300' in elevation, on the north/east side. Your rig was not visible from the main road going down into Long Draw to that spot.

That area is a community spot that gets dozens and dozens of vehicles each day. Yeah, some deer cross there, but they have a better chance of getting run over, given this road down Long Draw is seldom without a vehicle driving on it. And this week, any deer crossing would have to navigate two camper trailers with a dog kennel. Your camp trailer parked near the head of the draw is a place a lot of other hunters normally glass from.

We are very careful about other hunters when we are out there. That is why we waited until mid-day to do our filming that was related to this herd, their migration, etc. Very unlikely to disturb things filming at a high traffic spot, at 1pm, in full sun, when it is 45F and deer are bedded. We always give other hunters the right of way. We have a rule with our crew that if folks set up next to us we go over and talk to them to sort out what their plan is. If they intend to stay, we move along, even if we were there first. Lots of land to hunt. That happened this trip and the guys were elk hunters. Lucky for them, Marcus had a good bull in his spotter when they walked up to us. We got to watch them make a stalk and get a shot. Usually things work out just fine.

From what Marcus said your language was, you were pissed. Did you yell at the white truck that was also down there when we pulled in there and the continuous string of other rigs driving up and down there? They stopped and talked to us for about a half hour.

I had to laugh the next morning when four other rigs were around you. Here's your white rig parked behind a rock pile. Did you say anything to that gray truck just southeast of you? Or the SxS down in the bottom of Long Draw at this same time? I took these from our glassing knob a few miles away that next morning. All of you were on that same section of BLM every day. And it was a steady stream until we left yesterday afternoon.
IMG_1994.PNG

Just to the left of that gray truck is another convoy in a wider shot below. I hope you didn't get mad and yell at the very polite 80+ year old hunter in the red truck that was below you that same day? Oh, BTW, we watched them shoot a nice buck yesterday about 300 yards from your camp trailer. What about the Moss Back guys who kept parking below you, did you yell at them?
IMG_8F1CE70C6B6F-1.jpeg

It's a tough tag to draw, requiring max points. I get that you might be frustrated that you drew in a warm year with no snow where the hunt doesn't meet the high expectations that come with this tag. I get the frustrations that come with feeling crowded by a few Governor's Tag holders that each have posses of 4-6 rigs running around to every knob. I get that you had a steady stream of rigs around you at all hours of the day. I get that having a ton of elk hunters might make this special tag feel less special. But, the reality is that this is public land. Those folks have every right to be there, just like you and me. And some years, under some conditions, a "Glory Tag" isn't the glorious hunt is could be in the best of years.

Like I yelled when we left upon discovering we were in your spot, "Good luck." I hope you get a good buck. Had I known you were there we never would have went down below you. Given the number of other hunters and people hunting the boundary like you were/are, it might require a good pair of track shoes if a deer crosses. Today is your last day. The forecast is a high of 50F, which is not conducive to migrations. Hope you get a good one.

My son burned max points to get the tag this year. I had it in 2019. We were there for the last five days, with him filling his tag yesterday.

Not sure if you have hunted or scouted this area before. It's a pretty easy area to figure out with a little research. And yeah, it was crowded as hell, given there was no snow, no migration to speak of, and it seemed many tag holders had multiple vehicles there. For folks hunting the boundary like you were, that puts a lot of people within a few miles of each other, all on BLM or State Trust Land.

As for you pitching a fit about us filming at mid-day, it was 1:00 pm when you started yelling, I don't even know for sure what you said, as you were far away and the wind was blowing. Marcus told me you were pissed about something. So, we packed up, I waved to you and yelled "Good luck."

We then drove up to another glassing knob way above your spot. It was then I could see your white truck tucked away on the south/west side of the rock ridge, of which we were filming down below 300' in elevation, on the north/east side. Your rig was not visible from the main road going down into Long Draw to that spot.

That area is a community spot that gets dozens and dozens of vehicles each day. Yeah, some deer cross there, but they have a better chance of getting run over, given this road down Long Draw is seldom without a vehicle driving on it. And this week, any deer crossing would have to navigate two camper trailers with a dog kennel. Your camp trailer parked near the head of the draw is a place a lot of other hunters normally glass from.

We are very careful about other hunters when we are out there. That is why we waited until mid-day to do our filming that was related to this herd, their migration, etc. Very unlikely to disturb things filming at a high traffic spot, at 1pm, in full sun, when it is 45F and deer are bedded. We always give other hunters the right of way. We have a rule with our crew that if folks set up next to us we go over and talk to them to sort out what their plan is. If they intend to stay, we move along, even if we were there first. Lots of land to hunt. That happened this trip and the guys were elk hunters. Lucky for them, Marcus had a good bull in his spotter when they walked up to us. We got to watch them make a stalk and get a shot. Usually things work out just fine.

From what Marcus said your language was, you were pissed. Did you yell at the white truck that was also down there when we pulled in there and the continuous string of other rigs driving up and down there? They stopped and talked to us for about a half hour.

I had to laugh the next morning when four other rigs were around you. Here's your white rig parked behind a rock pile. Did you say anything to that gray truck just southeast of you? Or the SxS down in the bottom of Long Draw at this same time? I took these from our glassing knob a few miles away that next morning. All of you were on that same section of BLM every day. And it was a steady stream until we left yesterday afternoon.
View attachment 91781

Just to the left of that gray truck is another convoy in a wider shot below. I hope you didn't get mad and yell at the very polite 80+ year old hunter in the red truck that was below you that same day? Oh, BTW, we watched them shoot a nice buck yesterday about 300 yards from your camp trailer. What about the Moss Back guys who kept parking below you, did you yell at them?
View attachment 91782

It's a tough tag to draw, requiring max points. I get that you might be frustrated that you drew in a warm year with no snow where the hunt doesn't meet the high expectations that come with this tag. I get the frustrations that come with feeling crowded by a few Governor's Tag holders that each have posses of 4-6 rigs running around to every knob. I get that you had a steady stream of rigs around you at all hours of the day. I get that having a ton of elk hunters might make this special tag feel less special. But, the reality is that this is public land. Those folks have every right to be there, just like you and me. And some years, under some conditions, a "Glory Tag" isn't the glorious hunt is could be in the best of years.

Like I yelled when we left upon discovering we were in your spot, "Good luck." I hope you get a good buck. Had I known you were there we never would have went down below you. Given the number of other hunters and people hunting the boundary like you were/are, it might require a good pair of track shoes if a deer crosses. Today is your last day. The forecast is a high of 50F, which is not conducive to migrations. Hope you get a good one.
I wouldn't lose sleep over this guy complaining -just another blowhard that needs an excuse for why he couldn't get it done. Public land is just that and you have to be prepared with Plan A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H...

View attachment 91781

View attachment 91782

Pictures of your sons buck?

I also was hunting this area and pretty sure the buck I missed ran to Mr Newberg yesterday morning and he was able to get him, congrats I'd love to see a picture of the buck. With that it is expected to have other people hunting around you especially with the hype this area has gotten the last few years and it all being public land. I also felt there was a lot of vehicles for each hunter I was alone and just had to work a little harder, which what makes it hunting.

I also was hunting this area and pretty sure the buck I missed ran to Mr Newberg yesterday morning and he was able to get him, congrats I'd love to see a picture of the buck. With that it is expected to have other people hunting around you especially with the hype this area has gotten the last few years and it all being public land. I also felt there was a lot of vehicles for each hunter I was alone and just had to work a little harder, which what makes it hunting.
Did you get one? If so please post a picture.

Hunters yelling at other hunters, influencers, gov tag holders, extra spotters, hot weather, no migration, and a rant on a hunting forum. What a hoot!
That hunt sure sounds fun, doesn't it? Sitting in your truck, with a collection of other trucks, waiting for a buck to wander into the unit so you can be the first to shoot at it. But hey, its on public so make sure we slap it on Youtube.

That hunt sure sounds fun, doesn't it? Sitting in your truck, with a collection of other trucks, waiting for a buck to wander into the unit so you can be the first to shoot at it. But hey, its on public so make sure we slap it on Youtube.
Don't forget to add in the fact that this experience requires max points!

Sounds like Wyoming has an identity crisis and needs to come out of the closet to admit they really want to be just like Utah! lol

offer still stands if newberg wants to smoke a fatty. i happen to think he has the right attitude even without the burn

Never met Randy, but I can say he is a standup guy in my book. He freely gave great info to me on my Nevada ram hunt as well as a Nevada deer tag.

There is alot of pressure on these high demand tags and sometimes it is hard not to get down when things do not go as expected. Give it 110% and leave nothing on the table. That's all you can do.

Not only does this Randy come off as a passive/aggressive bch baby, apparently he’s also a truck hunter. I wonder if he cuddled up to JM and Buzz while truck hunting Wyoming?

How come it’s usually the newcomers to this site that start all this crap? Did the schools close down and they are hiding in mom’s basement? Or is this what you get when home schooling 2nd graders?

I’ve been busy and moved on from the 130 shitshow. There’s a reason I was where I was at for 5 days and will post pics when I get home. It’s all water under the bridge at this point. We’ve moved to 128. When I find another Big Hank here I won’t need to count on him coming over “Newberg’s crossing”. I’m truly happy him and his son got a great buck together and got to have that experience. They are rare this day and age. I’m also positive they didn’t have ppl filming Tv show interviews and a truck parked where they found a deer of a lifetime with 3 unmistakeable pumpkin hats on the ridge above whistling at them. I had zero problems with guys driving around there and moving on, glassing etc. I had a guy two morning in a row walk down the ridge and try and cut me off 290 yds away. My brother talked with him later and everything was cordial. We had one pinned down for 5 days from over 1.5 miles away watching him move lower and lower with his girls by the day. He knew the weather conditions and a lot of ppl hunting that area but still decided to go film in that spot TWICE. Frustrating for everyone involved, is what it is. Hope he gets a lot of views and likes. It’s not 100% Randy’s fault either. It was a straw that broke the camels back type deal. I didn’t even know it was you until I heard your voice and showed a picture of you to my buddy with the spotter. I will say someone was going to kill this deer in the unit 100%, good chance it wasn’t going to be me either. That morning he was 150 yards from the river following his does when two other dipsticks decided to drive down with headlights on at first light and send him back the other way over a saddle and he bedded under a rock. It’s all public land and Randy was right about the amount of ppl running around for others looking for deer. 2nd to last morning we watched two trucks chasing a 4x3 that crossed the morning before at 40 mph banging away till they crossed the horizon. The dust trail looked like a Baja 5000 race. No idea if they killed it or not. The last morning we saw the same two two trucks driving around and we just packed up. For such a LE tag it was eye opening to say the least. Congrats to everyone who found and killed a biggun, it was a tough yr and my hats off to ya!!

I’ve been busy and moved on from the 130 shitshow. There’s a reason I was where I was at for 5 days and will post pics when I get home. It’s all water under the bridge at this point. We’ve moved to 128. When I find another Big Hank here I won’t need to count on him coming over “Newberg’s crossing”. I’m truly happy him and his son got a great buck together and got to have that experience. They are rare this day and age. I’m also positive they didn’t have ppl filming Tv show interviews and a truck parked where they found a deer of a lifetime with 3 unmistakeable pumpkin hats on the ridge above whistling at them. I had zero problems with guys driving around there and moving on, glassing etc. I had a guy two morning in a row walk down the ridge and try and cut me off 290 yds away. My brother talked with him later and everything was cordial. We had one pinned down for 5 days from over 1.5 miles away watching him move lower and lower with his girls by the day. He knew the weather conditions and a lot of ppl hunting that area but still decided to go film in that spot TWICE. Frustrating for everyone involved, is what it is. Hope he gets a lot of views and likes. It’s not 100% Randy’s fault either. It was a straw that broke the camels back type deal. I didn’t even know it was you until I heard your voice and showed a picture of you to my buddy with the spotter. I will say someone was going to kill this deer in the unit 100%, good chance it wasn’t going to be me either. That morning he was 150 yards from the river following his does when two other dipsticks decided to drive down with headlights on at first light and send him back the other way over a saddle and he bedded under a rock. It’s all public land and Randy was right about the amount of ppl running around for others looking for deer. 2nd to last morning we watched two trucks chasing a 4x3 that crossed the morning before at 40 mph banging away till they crossed the horizon. The dust trail looked like a Baja 5000 race. No idea if they killed it or not. The last morning we saw the same two two trucks driving around and we just packed up. For such a LE tag it was eye opening to say the least. Congrats to everyone who found and killed a biggun, it was a tough yr and my hats off to ya!!

Need a hug or a tissue?

Sounds like your tactics didnt work. Happens to the best of us. Hopefully you learned something if you are lucky enough to hunt it again!

130 sounds like a helluva a spot for a young buck flat brimmed utrad entrepreneur to trailer up a taco truck and monetize the sh$t show circus. Content creators and MB Red Hats have got eat to after all. Hopefully 128 treats you better if that’s where you end up
Hope you did not start something here. Really don’t want to see taco trucks on my hunts!! ??

HA! Looks like Randy sure has his share of fan boys here on MM. Newberger and crew could rob an orphanage and all you azz kissers would applaud it! LOL What do you fan boys think you'll get out of it? Randy will give you all a treat?
There’s more than one idiot among us gents…. They crawl out of their gutters and type something up on their device…. They’re soooo proud that they can string enough words together to create some semblance of a coherent sentence, in the English language.

Congratulations moron

@roadrunner See…. I told you, there are some around

My buddy has pictures of Randy Newturd robbing an orphanage, its easily the biggest orphanage in the world, but he doesn’t want the attention that this massive world record orphanage could bring to him. So I’ll just tell you all here how he doesn’t want any attention. Thanks for not giving it any unwanted attention.

We had to visit Pinedale this weekend for Hockey Practice. It was pretty obvious what sort of crap show was happening in the unit... Deer were nonexistent in the lower country and we saw several trucks flying around in panic mode looking for critters.

Dust clouds etc. I am certain that Friday this week after the storm will be amazing. The weather was just a couple days late....

We had to visit Pinedale this weekend for Hockey Practice. It was pretty obvious what sort of crap show was happening in the unit... Deer were nonexistent in the lower country and we saw several trucks flying around in panic mode looking for critters.

Dust clouds etc. I am certain that Friday this week after the storm will be amazing. The weather was just a couple days late....
BS

That is the **** show of these tags. 1 hunter and half a dozen helpers running around per tag. Makes for an interesting hunt.
I would be more upset with the party hunters than a guy filming an interview.
I’m guessing the guys with a spotter on every knoll have ruined more hunts than Randy ever will. I understand your frustration. Lashing out at one guy publicly after you said it was a combination of events that lead to you frustration is not right. Sucks that folks with a great tag have to deal with all the extra traffic on what should be a limited entry hunt. Good luck. Hope you find a giant in 128!!

HA! Looks like Randy sure has his share of fan boys here on MM. Newberger and crew could rob an orphanage and all you azz kissers would applaud it! LOL What do you fan boys think you'll get out of it? Randy will give you all a treat?
Wrong. We are fans of reasonable and decent human beings. We are not fans of entitled individuals who only want to take and never give...

JUDAS SPJ!

GOOD GAWD!

We Have TACO Shacks on Every Corner here!

Can You Find Us a GUT Wagon With Real Food?

130 sounds like a helluva a spot for a young buck flat brimmed utrad entrepreneur to trailer up a taco truck and monetize the sh$t show circus. Content creators and MB Red Hats have got eat to after all. Hopefully 128 treats you better if that’s where you end up

JUDAS SPJ!

GOOD GAWD!

We Have TACO Shacks on Every Corner here!

Can You Find Us a GUT Wagon With Real Food?
I’m still waiting for the Mobile Pinn Willies wagon to make an appearance to bring some decency to the masses that are on the mountain in search of all thing Nomad.

He does post pics and give write ups on his hunts, you... still waiting for pics of that big buck.

"Timberhunter" Gawd Dam that is funny. I suggest a handle/avatar update.

I’ve come back to this topic multiple times today for a feel good moment. I’ve been hunting general MT elk in pretty spectacular country. 8 days in and have yet to see a damn elk, but, nobody has yelled at me, no traffic jams in the sage brush, no guides with moron clients, extra crews glassing, or just road hunting douche bags on their hunt a lifetime. If anything “Newberg’s” post above has kept at least one person from ever having interest in WY 130/128 deer. Some of you guys should thank him. I’m hunting tomorrow and don’t expect to see even a boot track after 30 minutes of walking.. good luck on the big trophy deers..

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom