ANYONE KNOW THIS CALI BUCK?

oldmossback

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-09 AT 06:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-09 AT 06:56?PM (MST)

This buck was shot by a guy I know a while back. It is 35-3/4" wide and 12x9. It is a muley cross obviously. Bet you cali guys cant guess where it came from. BTW I do know exactly where it came from.
49e7d37a684627ed.jpg

WOW! That right side is world class. WTH did it score? Did it come from the northern part of the state? Or, is this one of those D-teen zone bucks from the white river area?

Obvious a-zone scrub,...not!!, that thing is a hog.My vote is also burney.If i was bet'n, joey will know!
Mike

Doesn't look familiar to me. Being your old stomping grounds are up in the camp creek area, that might be a guess but why would you attract attention to your family's area. Also your saying it's "obviously" a cross buck, if you'd a said it was pure muley i'd have agreed, plus the recent topic of the week, tells me it's a decent chance of being a C-zone buck. I don't believe it's that huge buck killed "near" Burney as mentioned. That Burney buck has cheaters and more mass i believe.

In any case, hell of a buck! My guess, the flats just west of Doris or the foothills down by Mariposa.

Good Thread! Joey

Definately not the Burney buck. Could be a weed/mt shasta area buck. Whats up score wise and where was he harvested? Just looked in my file. Found a pic of that buck that this guy gave me. The picture was taken near Yreaka,CA. Not sure if it was killed in that area. Manny may know for he shot a awesome buck near that area years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom