Anyone put in for Colo. muzz. tag unit 61

Have my eye on this one for archery in a few years.....of course I've already had my eye on it for a few years and am no closer now than I was 5 years ago... 20 points and picking up my 21st this year, probably about to give it up and pick a different unit.

I am at 21 NR elk now and will be at 22 in June. I am thinking of switching and going 76 muzzle and being done with CO. I would like to hunt 61 and that’s why I started CO elk but...21 years later and I am still several years from 61 archery. I think 61 took 4-5 points when I started and still a few years behind drawing. Good luck to everybody.

I have 21 NR points for elk in Colorado.
My question is......is it worth the wait?
There are a couple of units that I would like to hunt, but the draw keeps getting worse and worse.......and I am getting older in the process.

There are a couple of units that I would like to hunt, but the draw keeps getting worse and worse.......and I am getting older in the process.
I think it depends on what units your talking about ?

Have my eye on this one for archery in a few years.....of course I've already had my eye on it for a few years and am no closer now than I was 5 years ago... 20 points and picking up my 21st this year, probably about to give it up and pick a different unit.
You should try for unit 201 early rifle!

I guess it depends on your goals. For top end trophy potential, I don’t think there is a unit in Colorado worth the points. For fun hunts with good bulls, it can be rewarding, Don’t get me wrong, I love hunting CO, but it’s not where I would hang my hat if I was focusing on 350 plus.

AaronS would be an old man by the time he made it to the max point pool for 201 early rifle elk!!
Haha yeah I assumed I was getting fun poked at me for thinking I would be able to draw 61 archery any time soon. I'll never hunt the NW corner unless they change the system or I build points another 40 years.

Not me! Unit 40 muzzy and will be glad to be out of the CO points game for elk. I wanted 61 for many years but looking at the numbers it would have taken years to get rid of the point groups ahead of me.

Put in for 2nd rifle with 24 NR points, I've got my fingers crossed. In hind sight I never would of waited this long, live and learn.

Not me! Unit 40 muzzy and will be glad to be out of the CO points game for elk. I wanted 61 for many years but looking at the numbers it would have taken years to get rid of the point groups ahead of me.
How many points do you have? I went 40 as well with 20 non resident points.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom