Anyone Scouting?

Firedad

My tag is for Dec. so I’m guessing scouting now isn’t going to give me an idea where the deer will be during my hunt but as soon as I get a day off I can’t help myself but to get up to the top of the mountain. Anyone else getting out yet?

Firedad, congrats on the tag. If I had a tag for the month of December I wouldn't concentrate on going to the top of the mountain. I would scout the lower roads around the mountains getting to know the area. The deer should be migrating headed to the wintering grounds. Fatrooster.

It’s a small unit don’t worry you may find resident deer but no telling where they will be come December hope for a good winter to push them down.

I am hoping to go this weekend if I can get everything worked out. My plan is to take a monthly trip between June and October to check on a few of the access points I may want to use to get into the wilderness, along with talking with the biologist, warden, and multiple searches on here.

Terry

It’s a small unit don’t worry you may find resident deer but no telling where they will be come December hope for a good winter to push them down.
I was hoping they’d be up high. That’s where I like to be. Plus since it seems you’ve seen my posts to which unit I drew then you probably know there are a lot of roads which I’d like to get away from.

Sure I talked to you last year for your sons tag. Pm I’ll give you some get away from people info.

Taking a trip into the wilderness in late July to scout for early archery 071-079. As a non-res I have a lot to learn and only 3-4 scouting days to do it.

Well good luck deer are plentiful I’m not sure you have to hit the wilderness.
Thanks! Basic plan for scouting trip is to find a spot to backpack hunt & a spot to truck camp. Hopefully scouting will give a good starting point and I'll just enjoy the hunt from there. I feel a strong calling to at least visit the wilderness. The buck in your avatar is just ridiculous. Same with hornkiller

Going scouting first in Mid July for new antelope area in Colorado, never been there before, so a must to learn about it. If it looks bad, turn tag back in. It's an Oct hunt. Have a Nov deer hunt to recon too, but have to get there 4-5 days early to learn some of the area. Too far a drive to do now. That's it for this summer. Jerry Gold ???

I am going to make my own luck (if an Oregon Beaty's Butte tag can be considered lucky any more...). Am leaving to scout Thursday--the day before the draw! Think it will work?

Went on the first scouting trip for my muzzy hunt. I was very surprised at the antler development this early. I saw 10 bucks: 4-four points, 1-three point, and 5-small bucks. All the four points had well-developed antlers. Looks like they will spend the next 6 weeks putting length on tines. I saw one that is already 150"ish. I wonder how much length he will put on? --------SS

A buck close to home.

I have seen a few bucks. Nice that I have an area local to me.
20200618_202924.jpg
20200618_202854.jpg

I will be, actually drew our Archery tag that borders my Late Archery 192 Hunt...Chasing Muley’s in the summer and winter....Can’t wait! :cool:

I drew 131-134 early Rifle. I am going there end of July first part of august to scout and get a lay of the land. Never been in that unit before. I have to furlough time from my job, so I thought that would be a good excuse to get out there. It is about a 9-10 hour drive for me so I can get there in a day and camp out of the back of my truck for a few days. No motels and no covid issues.

First scouting trip to 012-014 for goats this past week. A lot tougher than I was anticipating. Covered tons of ground and saw very few. Going to be interesting for sure.

Still haven’t been out scouting but fire season has kept me busy. When I do make it home I find a new fire threatening my unit. Hoping by the time it opens there is something left for deer to come to.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom