Anyone shoot Techno Hunt?

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Our local archery shop here in southern Oregon has a techno hunt league every winter. I really enjoy it, it makes me shoot thru the year. Anyone else shoot archery leagues during the winter? For those that have never shot or seen techno hunt it is a movie of game that you shoot. When you hit the screen the film stops and scores your shot. Every shot is 20 yards but the size of the game can get real small making it feel like it is further. We shoot everything...elk, deer, elephants, fish, insects.....you name it.

I used to shoot the techno hunt probably close to 25 years ago. I absolutely loved it personally. I did the same as yourself & shot in a league during the off season, then back to shooting tournament archery competitions in the spring.
I wish one of my local shops would bring that in. They are a blast!!!

Last edited:
I used to shoot a techno hunt league probably close to 5-6 years ago. It was very enjoyable. Most shops have unfortunately done away with them and it’s sad. It makes for great off season practice and I would definitely shoot techno again!

I used to shoot Techno about 10 years ago but I ahve not done it in the last 5-6 years. We used to shoot it for fun and we also would participate in an annual league. Fun times!

Hawkeye

Loved techno hunt, but haven't done it in a long time. Would love to take my boys and do it again. What shops in Utah still run techno hunt?

Also interested to hear what Utah shops have techno hunt. I shot it a few years ago back in kansas and had a good time. Fun way to practice!

I had one of the first ones in my shop. Opened July 1994. It was a lot of fun. We were located in a small indoor mall - it made a great traffic driver. We ran leagues and gave away time with a bow purchase. We shut down in 1998 and sold ours to a shop about 60 miles away. We had about 8 discs or so when we shut down. Haven't seen one since.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom