anyone that knows anything about area 10

huntn30inchers

Are there bears up there? This year I hunted near secret pass and saw several piles of strange poo. They were both pretty big and they both were almost all berries, I dont know what else eats a gut full of berries and makes a pile that big but I didnt think that there were bears up there.

I've guided in the Ruby's for 11 years and I've never seen a bear or a track. Probly Sasquatch!
Wes

Yeah, I didnt think so but dont know what else would live sign like that. We looked for track but couldnt find any so. . . The last thing that area needs is more predators, for the second year in a row my little brother had a relatively close call with a cat, this time he actually saw it, haha, he said he ran back to the truck with an arrow nocked! Lots of nice bucks, Wes you havent heard of anyone taking a big typical 4 point or a really big non-typical out of the secret pass area have you?

I hunted secret pass area two years ago. I took some big dumps, but they would probably be gone by now.....

Sure is pretty country!

Eel

And to top that off what Eel said, we HEARD him from way down on the east side of the Rubies from where he was camped. LOL

Brian

I took some big dumps up there in that area last week. No berries though, just dehydrated food. fatrooster.

bears have been moving into some strange areas what with all the big fires last couple of years, one never knows

NDOW put out a report on bears not long ago that cited confirmed bear sitings in recent years in the Jarbidge, Independence, Delano and Schell Creek ranges. The report also said that bears were in the Rubies before white folks moved in. I always thought the Rubies looked like good habitat, so I wouldn't be too surprised...

I am 95% sure it was bear sign. Saw a lot of bear poop in Eastern Washington while hunting whitetails. It looked just like the poop we saw in the Rubies. Did not look like coyote. I think there are bears in there.

yeah i have seen some bear tracks up there but haven't seen the bears themselves.

I hunt the independence range and I see a lot of crap with berry pits in it. They have all come from different groups of coyotes that I have watched. They like to hang out in the high saddles where they could over look a few different canyons from the same area. Every one of the saddles all had the same sign of where they crapped and scratched the dirt to cover it when they left. I have seen the exact same thing all throughout the Rubies, East Humboldts, Delano Mtn, and also in the Jarbidge area also. I was born and raised in Elko and have lived here all my life and have never seen a single bear. Trust me I get around the area.

THERE ARE BEARS!! they are over in the Schell creek range, and also behind cherry creek!!!

TH if you don't mind me asking where have you seen bear tracks in the Rubies? I have been hunting the Rubies for 22 years and have put many many miles on in the area and have never seen any sign. I hunt Utah every year so I do know what I'm looking for.

well i haven't personally seen them but the fish and game have! we seen a lot of sign behind cherry creek range with awesome prints. next time i go up, if i remember, i will try to get some pics for you.

I seem to remember a pic of bear carcass found in Taylor Canyon (near Tuscarora). I believe it is still posted at the F&G office in Elko. Maybe it was poached and brought there? Might be out of Id or Or. Be interesting to know.

I've seen some of the droppings w/berrys and leaves in them while tripping around Elko Co. I always thought they were from young cats who hadn't gotten the knack of killing yet. Some of it was definately coyote though. I've seen a lot of bear crap in my day and it never struck me that it was bears leaving it.

There are a bunch of domestic goats running wild in the Secret pass area. They are even hanging out with some Bighorn Sheep. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-07 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]I had a guy at work tell me he came across a bear track on Harrison Pass. Pretty funny stuff!

They are the only undiscovered population in the lower 48.
it is some funny Sh!t. I hear there are big foots running around. I have never seen them, but the F&G has. Ask them.

hahaha
S.

my family has lived in elko for 60+ years and have never seen a bear in the rubies. ive heard about the bear up in taylor canyone and tuscarora range the fish and game got picture of it. also heard they saw a moose around there too but never heard of any bears in the rubies.

I've never seen a F & G officer out in the field! How could they see a bigfoot if they don't get out in the mountains? Shon, are you going to the big buck contest? You might win it with that monster you killed this year. fatrooster

wow rooster youve never seen a F&G officer out in the field i remember one year we were hunting 6 and we went up to lone mountain 4 times and everytime got stopped by F&G thats there little honey hole to stop people.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom