Anyone using the Leupold 15-30x50 Spotter?

Foreman4x4

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-06 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]Cabelas had the Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x50mm spotting scopes on sale for $380.00, plus I had a $150.00 gift card as part of their latest promotion, so I went ahead and picked one up last night. I haven't had a chance to use it in the field yet, but I think it'll be a great scope that'll actually spend some time in the pack rather than being left in camp or in the truck.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has one, and if so, what are your impressions?

I'm headed to the Bookcliff's for antelope next week, and I'll be hunting Shiras moose the first week in October, so it should get a pretty good workout.

seems like a good deal to me, I love mine for backpacking, and the last time I checked they were closer to $700.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-06 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]I'm guessing you have the 12-40x60 Gold Ring ($799.99). They're a super nice scope, but were a little out of my price range.

Cabelas prices are usually a little high on optics, but I figured this was a pretty good deal with the compact 15-30x50 Gold Ring being on sale for $382.00 and all.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-06 AT 04:32PM (MST)[p]Unfortunately, I had to take it back because the focus wheel was messed up and I couldn't get a good clear picture out past about 200 yards. I intended to exchange it for another, but Cabelas was out of stock, so I got my money back.

I plan to check the first part of next week to see if they get anymore in, but I'm leaving on the 4th of October to hunt moose, so I may just end up using my older Bushnell Spacemaster. It's a good clear scope, but it's a little too heavy and bulky to pack very far.

look on ebay for an older fixed 25x leup, they are small, light and great to pack with.one went for $225 not too long ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom