Anyone willing to talk early season bear spots (Backcountry)?

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
I have some spots I usually hit the very end of May or early June until the end of the month of June. I'm trying to find some spots that are accessible and pretty free of snow from early May through mid-may. Looking to backpack in somewhere. I I've only hunted the Island Park area. Trying to avoid the panhandle, as that is a very far drive for me. Maybe Salmon/Selway area or Boise area. If anybody is willing to talk please let me know. I will be spot and stalk hunting so country that has more open terrain would be awesome.

Lots of bears in 39 and it’s a large unit so Bear hunting pressure is not on par with the poop show that is general deer. I’ve taken 3 on baits but, I’m a meat hunter for bears I shoot first thing that’s legal unless it looks like it just got kicked off mom. I can the whole bear they taste great, sausage is good but it’s a little more work than I prefer. I do the raw pack method with salt and pepper. I have camped along salmon first week in May for the Riggins rodeo and most years that looks really good for bears 14/23 units. Big boy country, steep. Access up Alison creek, accross wind river bridge and few other spots. Most hunters don’t want to put that much effort into bears. Idaho has a lot of bears any where you go you should find them if you put in the time/miles. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom