Applegate muzzy

Smokin

Was wondering if anyone has hunted around ruch and if the seasonal gates are open for the hunt and if it’s best to Concentrate on the east or west side of unit any other information will be Appreciated.thank you

I live in the unit and have had that tag a dozen times or so. I have killed bucks near mount Ashland and out of Cave Junction. Ruch is as good as anywhere. You will hunt public land right behind private. Have your Onx and hope to catch a cruiser off of the private. I use to like the thanksgiving week but the last few years it seems the rut has been a little earlier. Good luck and let us know how you do

I will defiantly let you know how I do and thank you for the information. I will be there the Wednesday before the week of thanksgiving and the whole week of thanksgiving so gives a good amount of time to locate them and will use onX well thank you again

I have this tag with my hunting buddy, as well.

Hoping to make one scouting trip and then two multi-day trips during season. We are not familiar with the area… yet.

Thanks for the heads up hoping it will be a good hunt
Curious to hear how it went/it’s going.

My buddy has had a long year and got it a little antsy. He only had four days to hunt and the first day and a half we had seen pretty limited deer activity on public property. Then we both shot bucks within an hour and a few hundred yards. In hindsight, he wishes he had held out and my buck is one I would have had a hard time passing on, but maybe wasn’t quite as big as I might have hoped?

We are both glad to not eat tag soup and to have both tagged out. It was an interesting hunt/unit. Definitely some deer around!

F0F919B8-18C4-49EF-8129-2CA97DC501A3.jpeg

76E5EE81-FB39-4B0E-8343-C4F96123D10B.jpeg

563758E4-8436-4B10-9389-26E4053D3CD1.jpeg

Well done. This hunt gets a lot of press from Huntin' Fool, Epic, etc. It is a decent hunt but by no means is it a cake walk. You guys did well

Bucks are rutting hard now. My friend rattled in 5 bucks last Friday. 2 of them were studs. He missed one broadside at 60 yards. I got the story when he stopped by my house to borrow my gun.

Weird! It seems so late.

My plan was to go back this last weekend if I hadn’t filled my tag. But to be honest, I was ready for some down time and less time on the highway going hunting. Seems like it might have paid off to hold out!

Back
Top Bottom