Application question

Elkfinder

Just making sure I understand the application process. If I apply for Moose it makes me ineligible to apply for controlled deer, elk, and antelope. Is that correct? And you have to pay the whole amount upfront? If you don’t draw, do they refund in June when results come out?

Last year the refunds were a little slow to come out. You can apply Extra deer or elk tags and anything in the leftover/second chance drawing in August.

Elk finder,
You understand correct as long as you understand the hunting license isn’t refundable. Your moose application will end up costing close to $200 if you do not draw.

If you plan on general deer or elk anyway it isn’t that bad. If you won’t use your hunting licenses it is a very expensive application for very low odds.

Thank you all for the replies!! I actually just moved to Idaho 2 years ago so I’m a resident now. So it shouldn’t cost $200 to apply right? Should be $16.75 app fee plus 3% or whatever they add to apply online does that sound right?

Thank you all for the replies!! I actually just moved to Idaho 2 years ago so I’m a resident now. So it shouldn’t cost $200 to apply right? Should be $16.75 app fee plus 3% or whatever they add to apply online does that sound right?
Could cut that online convenience fee by going and applying at any license vendor

"So it shouldn’t cost $200 to apply right?"
You do still have to pay for the tag upfront when you apply, so the cost to apply is close to $200 ($183-ish). You just get the tag fee back if you don't draw. It is not just the $16.75 plus 3% to apply...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom