Archery Antelope 015

Monster Muley members have been very good to me for many years. Fearing I may be going to the well once too often I'm still going to seek your help. I drew an archery Antelope tag for Unit 015. I've been trying to get the tag for a few years, (I had 15 preference points), because I hunted mule deer with bow in X5B and saw a lot of antelope in the area along the California Nevada border. That year BLM was working every day on the Nevada side fixing springs and their flow. The BLM guys kept telling me I should be bow hunting antelope instead of deer because there were a lot more of them around! Well, I am going back to the area.
I saw the areas NDOW suggests to hunt on their webpage. I made a huge mental error thinking there were only 5 res tags and 2 non-res tags. Turns out the numbers are 25 tags for residents and 3 for non-residents. That going to look like a lot of bows and arrows sitting water in 015!!!!
I too would want to sit water for a buck if possible.
What do you think about sitting water this year there? Enough water? Water there without a blind on it already? Spot and stalk speed goats out in the open, lol? Thoughts on less popular areas that holds antelope?
Your info is much appreciated. And, I will help you when I can. Thanks.

Monster Muley members have been very good to me for many years. Fearing I may be going to the well once too often I'm still going to seek your help. I drew an archery Antelope tag for Unit 015. I've been trying to get the tag for a few years, (I had 15 preference points), because I hunted mule deer with bow in X5B and saw a lot of antelope in the area along the California Nevada border. That year BLM was working every day on the Nevada side fixing springs and their flow. The BLM guys kept telling me I should be bow hunting antelope instead of deer because there were a lot more of them around! Well, I am going back to the area.
I saw the areas NDOW suggests to hunt on their webpage. I made a huge mental error thinking there were only 5 res tags and 2 non-res tags. Turns out the numbers are 25 tags for residents and 3 for non-residents. That going to look like a lot of bows and arrows sitting water in 015!!!!
I too would want to sit water for a buck if possible.
What do you think about sitting water this year there? Enough water? Water there without a blind on it already? Spot and stalk speed goats out in the open, lol? Thoughts on less popular areas that holds antelope?
Your info is much appreciated. And, I will help you when I can. Thanks.
015 is a fun unit to hunt but it can be tough.
As you probably know it is
extremely rough and rocky.
It’s been so dry the last couple of years I suspect the majority of springs and dirt ponds will be dry.
If you have a lot of time before the hunt to cover the unit looking for water sources that will be a big help.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom