Archery Antelope "Costumes", Do these things work?

nmyotebuster

My bro-in-law and I got drawn for antelope this year aug 14-18, and had some private land lined up.

After being drawn, we spoke to the landowner and found out that he had sold the land.

So it is up to us to get some leather on the ground, find the goats and chase em.

I have heard of flagging, or using those cow decoys as cover while stalking in ( I got better things to spend $130 on ), ground blinds on waterholes ( though on public land if you set it up early enough for them to get used to , the blind will disappear in 24 hours, durn theives ).

http://bethedecoy.com/

Do you guys think the product above actually works?

And if you have any info on somewhere to start looking it would be much appreciated ( we are pondering south of santa rosa, or the expanse of BLM around Roswell ), I can point out some areas for Off-range oryx in return ( we were 2for2 last year)

Thanks in advance,

Thanks NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

As long as I got a tiny little bit of pride left, I am not wearing that hat.

If you do wear that hat, may I suggest a Kevlar vest to go with it?

Paul,

Pride goes out the window as soon as it can help me bag an animal.. :D

About the kevlar vest thing, my wife said the same thing. If I buy that hat I have to up my life insurance first.

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

NMWB, if you buy that thing, you would not have to worry about me cuz I would not shoot that dink, but, if your out in the middle of a field and a pickup pulls up with guys in the back and beer cans flying out, you will need to be able to run like an antelope.

You got to keep us posted if you buy it. Kids can use it on Halloween also.

I have one and guys won't be laughing when I arrow a big NM pronghorn in August.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

A kite flying 25-35 feet off the ground, provided there is enough wind, with a tail or a flag pole, pvc works well, with a couple of streamers. If there is existing cover around a water hole both of these will work, adding a ground blind during the hunt seems to disrupt their habits. Also a 3-D target works well if you dont mind hauling it around, a good sized yucca plant and one of these make a good combo on flat ground. A friend of mine and myself got one within 40 yards a couple years ago in the TX Panhandle, came in very fast stomping and shaking his head. It was a small goat but it provided a good show.

cardboard box, sharp knife, and a little white paint. Instant cow or goat decoy. A helluva lot less than $130 smackers.

I don't know if that thing would work to get a person closer to a speed goat, but it dam sure made me fall out of my chair laughing!! That's thing defines goofy, but it just may work!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

Read an article written by Eddie Claypool, he and his wife stalked pronghorn using a styrofoam sheet cutout in the shape of a cow painted black and wore all black. I think he said that the whole thing cost 50 bucks at Home Depot or Lowes.
WVBOWAK

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom