Archery Antelope San Rafael North

bikermac70

Im thinking of burning my points on this tag either this year or next year. Im curious if anyone that has archery hunted it might be able to PM me some general info pertaining to their success or lack of. Thanks in advance.

I had the rifle tag but talked to a couple of guys still archery hunting the last evening...they ate their tags. I say its not worth the points or the time. Can do better archery hunting Wyoming on a leftover tag. Maybe it will be again but its not managed as a trophy area and numbers are way down...not worth the rifle tag either. Luckily I drew it on a $5 Expo tag so I can't complain with my 78 inch buck...hope this helps.

I had the archery tag last year and for the most part 30Hart is right. I did see a couple of "booners" but they were fairly close to town and the closer you get to town the more private ground you run into. I had a great hunt and hunted it solo. I stalked goats all day, every day I hunted and killed one on the second day I was there. I don't regret burning my points on this unit because I can get back into the 20 year elk plan this year. If you are after a tru trophy class animal you may want to check out the Snake Valley units in the West Desert. I know a couple of guys that have taken some dandy goats out there. Here is the link with the story and picture.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID8/4693.html

It's always an adventure!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom