Archery Bear

I’ve killed 2 bears in past archery seasons Just exploring around the woods and bumping into them. I pass on early season bears now unless it’s a big one. The types of stuff they are eating in summer vs late fall makes their meat not as good In my opinion. Get a November December bear feeding on acorns or manzanita berries is some of the best meat there is. But getting one with a bow is pretty cool too so have fun!

I saw 3 good Bears min everyday out there..plenty of them..kinda hard spot and stock them..if your bow hunting should be fun..but I always was never able to "sneak" up on one.
Good luck.
Jester

Is your tag an AO? By all means get out there! But if you have a general tag and you want to eat deer meat then grab a rifle. Or don’t, none of my business. Good luck either way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom