Archery Deer near Fresno

P

PDub

Hello.

I'm fairly new to the Fresno area and am looking for some general areas to start exploring. I know I'm on the tail end of the archery hunt this year, but I'd like to start exploring some public land near Fresno. Not looking for detailed info, just some general areas I could start from. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Scott G.

D7 is your area. I hunted it during the rifle last year. No luck. I belive there was some success during archery out of the Northfork area. Good luck.

bagone

yup your gonna have to go on the d7 side of the kings canyon river. my ranch is on h other side of the river d8 border and all the deer are on the other side of the river. i border the sequia national forest. they move on my land around november when the snow hits.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to have to get a topo map and look at these areas. I'm just wanting to find a spot off the beaten track (if there is such a thing here in cali) and try scout and plan for next year. IS there a good map store in Fresno?

Anyone ever go up around Sierra Meadows area? A buddy of mine said there was fairly good hunting up there. But he is known to stretch the truth a little if you know what I mean. A 24" muley is a 30" to him! LOL. Great guy, but a BS'er extraordinair.

Thanks again for the input. I'll put it to use.

Scott G.

Go to the ranger station in prather or in clovis and get the sierra national forrest map, that will put you in good shape.

Check out mytopo.com, You can search around and find the area you want, set the peramiters and boom....your custom topo will be in the mailbox in a couple days.

Awesome! Thanks for the direction. I really appreciate it. My the hunting gods shine on your guys this year!

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom