Archery elk hunt results

Elkhunter96

Very Active Member
From what seemed like a low amount of success posts on here from archery elk hunters, it feels like it was an extra tough archery hunt this year. What are your guys opinions?

I was wondering the same thing... At least for me this year was a hard hunt. I've been hunting the same area for over 5 years and this year was way different. It was way dry and hot. Most of the creeks that have water were totally dry. I usually run into a few bulls every year and they are bugling by now. But this year I didn't see one bull and only heard one bugle.

I wish Utah would change the elk archery hunt dates to during the rut.

This year was by far the best year I've experienced on the general hunt. Elk everyday and they were talking everyday. It's funny how different areas produce different results.

Traditional >>>------->

This was the WORST year ever. We ran into hunters everywhere and I had only one night where we were into elk bugling?
The utah fish and game are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like they all vanished or did not want to bugle.

Hey the guy who saw elk everyday my friend has a son with a youth tag starting tomorrow and since our place was beyond terrible mind letting us know where the elk are in an any bull unit my friend really wants to get his son a bull but we don't know where to go this year?

Dan

well i did not hunt elk but the deer hunt was a beast! i hunted everyday! was lucky enough to help my girlfriend smack a little buck and helped guide my buddy into a 180 buck but it was some hard work!

I am still trying to get unpacked. I hunted for 20 days straight before I was able to harvest a 330 bull. It was difficult but not horrible for me as it was for others. They were talking a lot in the beginning but then a storm halfway through shut them down. No moving and no talking made hunting tough, but I was still seeing bulls on water and for small windows in the morning. I ended up killing my bull calling him in. I will post pictures And a story tonight or tomorrow. I had the wasatch tag.

Your Wasatch hunt sounds exactly like mine. I hunted the last two weeks solid with the exception of a day at home to restock. They were vocal in the mornings briefly until 9ish. Had to be on'em quick! Ended up calling mine in as well.

I was definetly suprised about hunting pressure.

Spent a week in one of the Best Units in Utah!
T'was the last week of the Archery which is usually the Best time!
I seen Bulls every day but they just were not tearin it up like they usually are!
Lots of unusuall Rut Activity!
Very few Cows,Ya,Thanks UDWR!
Lots of dissapointed Hunters!
Once again,a few more Trophy Hunters SCREWED over by f'n Spike Hunters,GOOD GAWD!
The Rifle Hunters are Hopeing & Praying it happens during their hunt!
The Muzz hunters might be hitting it HOT this year?
I know there's still a few Big Boys Holed up,never seen anything bigger than a 350" Bull!(Ya,I know there are some!)

Sad part is:When you start seeing only 1 or 2 Cows with most Bulls you know it ain't far away from a Herd falling on its face!

And get this CRAP:They added additional Cow Tags again this year in the Unit,GEEEEEEEZUS!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom