Archery elk pass thru 2022

hunthigher

This still gets my blood pumping. Helps me get thru the winter. Middle of september AM hunt. Spot and stalk with sun directly behind me. I ranged 65 yards then I let out a cow call that got him to stand in junipers. Shot entered forward low gut and exited far shoulder. Whole body quivered then he ran 30 yards to bottom of wash and that was it. Single bevel +70 pounds +pop off FOB vanes +Liver +diaphram +lung +heart +lung= short track job. Had him boned out and in the fridge by 4:00pm.
IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3770 - Copy.JPG

That’s what you want. I purpose build my bows and arrows specifically for elk. I want it all the way through and a short track. New bows 75# draw with 592gr arrows. Thinking about running viper tricks this year. I think it’ll do the job

I used to shoot 80 pounds back in the old days but now I shoot a Hoyt Spider which I've had a few years at 66# with FMJ's, blazer veins and G5 Montek. Seems to get it done. Last years bull quartering away complete passthrough. Went 60 years and I watch him do a spin and hit the dirt. Congrats on your bull.
Elk 1.jpg

That’s what you want. I purpose build my bows and arrows specifically for elk. I want it all the way through and a short track. New bows 75# draw with 592gr arrows. Thinking about running viper tricks this year. I think it’ll do the job
Viper tricks are one of the best choices outta the slick truck line up. Killed some really nice big trophy boars ? with em out in Cali and only cow elk with those but they work and very accurate out to farther distances if needed.

I’m trying to talk myself into buying day six broad heads but when I look at them side by side I don’t know if the price is really worth it over the viper tricks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom