Archery practice

C

campb

I'm interrested in checking into archery hunting more, even have a bow, etc. But I as used to shooting in my yard before I moved to where I live now. I live in the Layton area northern utah - City's won't permit practice in city limits. The only local shop around here is expensive and not so recommended - which brings me to my question. Where do you guys recommend going to get some archery practice in?

City's won't permit archery practice in city limits???
That sounds pretty strict to me...
Guess we're sheltered here in Southern Utah...
Weird

How goes it,
I guess if I lived in a city were I was surounded by a million people...I wouldn't want people shooting arrows around my family and dogs! But like the last post...when you live in an area where the livestock out-number the people...you can shoot where ever you want, almost. When school is not in session, I always used to practice on the Jr. High football field. It was great because of the 100 yards of flat & open grass...with no body around. I did that for years until one single uputty & butt-hurt officer decided that he didn't liike me doing that. In the past I had even shot with other cops there...but I guess it's okay for them to shoot there and not me...go figure!

STICK-FLICKER...Silent, But Deadly
-Buckhorn Archers (Castle Dale, UT)
-Timpanogos Archers (Orem, UT)
-Hell Hole Archers (Big Piney, WY)
[email protected]

Just go out in the mountains somewhere. This is a good way to simulate actual hunting situations. there is no way to simulate hunting situations at a range, all you do is just punch holes in paper. Just my 2 cents

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom