Archery Pronghorn

BUGLEnmIN

Very Active Member
What’s up fellas? Just curious how many guys that drew archery antelope have been scouting already? With this dry weather it’s brutal! The pronghorn in I’ve come across have been in pretty poor shape! My wife drew an early rifle pronghorn tag in eastern New Mexico and they’re just start to get rain. Archery season will be here before we know it! Good luck post scouting pics if you go!

Super dry in the Springer and east to Gladstone. I saw a few nice bucks on public land on
6-19-22.

8A707F1B-196E-4748-824F-04AE349881B2.jpeg

F601B465-09AD-4DB4-AB1B-57C26E4760C2.jpeg

457A88B2-549E-4710-B485-EAF0198ED4B8.jpeg

03302839-82FC-4F54-908F-3A684396D39F.jpeg

857C33FD-A43B-4379-8DA8-7CD258200D99.jpeg

4E1A5C29-43E0-4D65-92F8-1CF0D39F1059.jpeg

We scouted 15 on Sunday. I’ve never been in that country before so wasn’t quite sure what to expect. We found antelope but where we found them is going to be damn tough with a bow. I’ve only hunted antelope once with rifle so my experience is limited and my dad (who has the tag) has never held an antelope tag. We are going to make it out a another time or two before August to see if we can’t figure them out but sure could use some pointers on tactics from anyone willing to share! As of right now, we are planning on hunting water. Lots of the tanks we found were in pairs, one full of water and the other dry. We were thinking of setting up in the dry tank and suffering it out in the sun. Thoughts?

I'm no archery hunter- but is the hunt during the rut, or prior? When the bucks get ready for the rut, they really stake out a reasonably small area and defend it pretty good.

Call them up and they will exchange it. Great company. I had change the eye pice on my spotting scope and it was a different size. I called them up they mailed me the proper size. I just mailed them back the one that didn’t fit.

Call them up and they will exchange it. Great company. I had change the eye pice on my spotting scope and it was a different size. I called them up they mailed me the proper size. I just mailed them back the one that didn’t fit.
I will definitely do that! We’ll pretty much got rained out since Saturday but I will be back as soon as the weather breaks! Honestly it doesn’t bother me at all! Bring on the rain! Almost up to 6” in June so far near my elk unit!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom