Archery Question

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
If I understand correctly, if I draw a General, or Limited Quota tag, I can then purchase an additional tag that allows me to hunt with archery equipment in the same Region/Area. Correct?

I'm having trouble finding that on the WYG&F website. I've got a screen shot from last year, and I know it's on there, but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone post a link?

Thanks.

WY Archery Tags.PNG

If you draw a general or limited quota tag you will need to purchase the archery license also if you decide if you want to bow hunt in the archery only season, the exception is if you draw the type 9 tag archery only then you will not need to purchase the archery license for that hunt!!

Well shucks. My plan was to go a week early and bow hunt before the season started, but there is a 2 week break between archery and gun. Oh well. Just have to get there a few days early an do a little pre-season scouting!

This year they listed the special archery dates with the regular season dates for each hunt area. It's never been like that before. They used to have the archery seasons listed separately after all the regular seasons in Section 3, like in your screenshot.

No Type 9 for deer. All the archery seasons are listed on the regs page for deer.
Deer will be Sept for archery and then most areas open for rifle on Oct 1, well many areas open on Oct 1.
You'll need to buy the archery license OTC to hunt archery season for deer, Type 9 tags do not have to buy the archery license.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom