Archery Success

chap_dog48

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-10 AT 02:56PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-10 AT 09:16?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-10 AT 07:40?PM (MST)

I was finally able to connect this weekend on a nice buck. I have had several opportunities to close the deal but wind, a twig, or something was making it a no go. Well I saw this guy with another big 4x4 about 200 yards downhill from my position so I closed in to about 50 yards. There was a huge mazanita bush in between us so I had to close the distance another 20 yards by taking off my boots, pack, binos, hat, and take off with bow and rangefinder. Ranged him at 36 yards but rangefinder said 30 with the arc so I sent and arrow. Prefect hit, at least one lung and liver since we was quatering to me just a little. Stange thing then happend instead of heading straight down hill like most deer when hit he comes uphill right at me. So I go into Lord of the Rings mode and launch arrow after arrow. All hit pretty close to the same spot and exit slightly different areas on the back side. Until the last arrow takes out the other lung and heart. He dies 1 minute later not 9 yards from me, pretty cool. Anyway never had a shot opp at the big 4x4 so I smoked this one and couldn't be happier had my son, and dad with me and my wife and daughter at the cabin. All in all a great weekend.
2099buck_2.jpg

I went through my scouting images and found a picture I took of this buck before he broke off that front left fork.

3361bedded_buck_jpeg.jpg

Here is what is left after the onslaught of arrows were flung.
5263arrows.jpg

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-10 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]I fired all 5 of my broadheads at him. All hitting their mark and exiting at just a slighly different area on the back side. Pretty cool.

Nice Buck Kurt
So you made him into a pin cushion. How did everyone else do.
Looks like it was a fun hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks for all the posts guys,

Gator, my Dad almost closed the deal on a forky. He had him at 20 yards but a tree was in the way. As the deer moved my Dad leaned over and the buck bolted. Other than that I haven't heard of anyone else in our circle get anything. Kurt

Tell pops he has to move slower, it not a wrestling move. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom