arctic cat

A

azhuntatty

two questions: 1) does arctic cat make a good atv? and 2) I have an oppotunity to buy a 1998 arctic cat 500 4x4 with about 900 miles on it for $3000 - is that a good deal? (I've looked at and ridden the machine and it is very clean and has obviously had very little use. Also I have looked at blue book prices etc. but would appreciate any thoughts you might have on the price). Thanks in advance for any comments.

azhuntatty
Artic cat make an excellent atv in my opionion. My dad and I each have one. The newest one be got used. with about 200 miles on it and paid I believe $4500 The other one we got brand new about 2 years ago and paid $5800 I believe. Don't know if this helps you out at all but might give you somewhat of a comparison.

DeadI

I think Arctic Cat puts out a good product, but I don't think $3000.00 for what is now a 7 year old machine is any kind of a screaming deal. It's fair, but nothing great. The one thing I've noticed about Arctic Cat is they don't seem to hold their resale value as well as some of the other more established brands. When looking at used equipment, I generally think to myself what I could get back out of it if I ever needed to sell it.

On a side note, I just bought a 2003 Honda Rincon with 380 miles, a Warn 3.0 winch, 60" plow, aftermarket tires and rims, stock tires and rims, and a 2003 Suzuki Eiger 400 4wd automatic with 110 miles and an extended 48 month warranty, and a 2003 14'x 5' trailer for $8000.00. I'll let you do the math.

My dad has a 98' AC 500 and it's a workhorse. His has about 4,000 miles on it, been wrecked a couple of times and still runs great. I'd say that if the one you're looking at is clean and only has 900 miles on it--I'd say go for it. I do however have a few complaints about the 98 AC's, 1/ no ground clearence--they are hands down the worst ATV in the deep snow, and 2/ the 98's have terrible breaks. Other than that, it's a solid bike with a great suzuki motor in it. I myself prefer the Honda's--a little more nimble on the trail and better ground clearance. For $3000 I don't think you can go wrong.

I got a 2000 cat 500 and personally I don't think I would buy another one, reason being the brakes suck and they tip over easily because of the suspension, you can run them thru the brush at 40mph and it's a nice ride but get them on a side hill and your in deep chit! I rode my brothers foreman and liked it alot better , with a lower center of gravity made me feel alot better on the side hill, also they are kinda messed up with that rocker shifter don't know if yours will have that but I still haven't gotten used to that, damn near cost me a few back flips climbing steep hills and I think the price is high also, could you tell me where it is? ...lol... if it's what you want , buy it that's the way I see it! good luck

GJM
You can run them thru the brush at 40mph ? Wow , you must be very proud of your hunting skills ! How much beer can you carry ? Can you get a good rest on the handlebars ?
Slob hunting at its finest !

Your a peice of work you dumb a??! Who said I was hunting? That's twice you have jumped me in the last 6 months... getting very tired of your bubble gum antics...BACK OFF!!!!! and by the way lets get together one of these days and have one of those beers that I carry would like to meet you...

I ride alot in the mountains and have an 03'500 arctic cat
they are hands down the best there is, if you ride alot.

I WOULD STICK TO ONLY KAWASAKI.. THAT IS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION. NEVER ANY PROBLEMS.

NBJB

My buddy just bought a brand new AC 650 and loves it. Infact is has the Kawisaki motor in it and he traded his Rubicon in for it!!! I thought he was crazy, but he likes it better. The Cats have come a long way since the 98's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom