Are the turkeys talking yet?

A

AZDuke2500

Went out this weekend and saw a flock of turkeys, but no talking. Unit 5B

Me and the wife went out on fri. to scout for her tag in the Camp wood area. Found lots of sign but it was much too windy to hear her at 10 yards let alone a gobble. By this weekend they should be starting and they will be gettin after it by the 17th. By the time the first weekend comes around most birds will be hened up. At least if this year is like the last 4 years. It should be fun as she is only going to use a bow. After this hunt she will only need a bull elk (she has a few cows) and a sheep, she has taken everything else with a bow!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-09 AT 11:26PM (MST)[p]your wife is quite the bow hunter. I hope that someday i can bag the big az 10 with my bow. I need a bighorn, lion, whitetail, and buffalo. good luck on your hunt.

They were going real well this morning on the jr. hunt! We had 6 or 7 birds gobbling there heads off, of course they flew down and went the opposite direction. We circled them and got a lone tom to respond 5 min later the jr made a great shot (37yds w/ a 20ga) and we were done! It was a great but fast hunt. The bird had 1 1/8 spurs and a 9" beard. Not bad for a first turkey! If you guys aren't taking your kids out on this hunt the kids are really missing out. Good luck to all

We were in 8 but I've heard from friends they are going real good on the rim. 5a 6a 5bs 4a ect. I was in 8 today again and it was like a different world, Very little gobbling and no shot opportunities. But it was still alot of fun! Good luck next week my wife will be in 17a for an archery hunt and it should be a good hunt! Birds are rockin over there right now!!

Just got back from 6a and despite the 45 mph winds we were able to tag out with two turkeys. The birds were only talking in the morning.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom