Are they dropping?

A few weeks ago my father in law saw one with only one horn between Janesville and Susanville. I don't know if it dropped one or never had one, who knows. But it is time.

Ya they're dropping. I've seen a few one horners, a couple bloody knob heads and still a bunch packing in my neck of the woods.

Oh Yes! 50 % are still.packing. In B5 where there is only 2 bucks in the whole unit.

I went out Thursday and Friday saw about 20 with horns and a couple in each group I saw without.

Last Thursday on our way to work between Janesville and Susanville the wife and I saw one decent three point that looked like it had dropped one side, then 5 bucks that were all still packing.

Tried looking for a few sheds this weekend in an X zone without any luck. Then on the way home, came across 15 bucks of various sizes together. 13 still packing, 1 with one horn and 1 had dropped. Couldn't believe they still had their horns

it's only the middle of feb in cali....wtf is the big surprise????

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

On February 10 I watched a buck run through a drainage with both sides and come out with only one and I went and picked up the fallen antler in the Parkfield area. It's common for coastal deer around the San Luis Opispo/Paso Robles area to start shedding that time of year. But where I primarily hunt in D8 I'm still seeing bucks with both antlers and only heard of one guy that picked up a set of browns last weekend. Hopefully they drop soon before the grass grows too high and we can't find them.

>it's only the middle of feb
>in cali....wtf is the big
>surprise????
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They grow till October and start dropping in January out in Cali homer. I read it right here on these pages!

#livelikezac

With the recent snow storms the last week I have seen a lot of deer tracks heading down from 5000?. It's like they are just now migrating. I think a lot of she'd horns will be at higher elevations than usual.

Typical winter grounds I look for sheds the bucks have been there for months and most have shed,I've seen local bucks in d-3 with both horns off over a month ago and some still packing now.Everybodys different I've seen bucks around here with horns in may standing next to a buck with 6" velvet nubs.Crazy thing is no matter when they drop,come sept they all most all rub off the velvet within a one week period.

I just picked up my cameras today thinking they had to have dropped in d8 and every buck I have pictures of still had there horns 3 days ago. So I'm still waiting to collect here in Central California

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom