Area 38 elk pictures

Riley7/08

I’m going to hunt area 38 next year in rifle season, I’d like to see some pics of elk from that area. Thanks

The rifle hunt in 38 is actually a lot worse timing than archery season. Elk move a heck of a long ways by rifle season and are often pressured onto private by rifle season. If you hunt prime private ground you ought to do well during rifle season.

38 rifle is one crowded place. I had that tag a few years ago and almost loaded up my gear and went home on the first morning. More damn trucks driving around that first morning than you could imagine. Not my kind of hunting…plus deer season opened up, campers, hikers….wall to wall people, ATV’s galore!

I know three guys that hunted 38 this year and they said the elk were really hard to find. They have hunted that area a lot of the last 25 years and said this was the worst.

I had the archery tag in 38, had a couple really good bulls located and just couldn't close the deal. Would not come in to calls and wind switching directions every few minutes was very frustrating, but that biggest bull was a 350 class hanging out right by a main road:cry:

I had the archery tag in 38, had a couple really good bulls located and just couldn't close the deal. Would not come in to calls and wind switching directions every few minutes was very frustrating, but that biggest bull was a 350 class hanging out right by a main road:cry:
I had the 37 tag this year and I was onto bulls every day but same experience. They just wouldn't come in. A]Responded to a bugle well and that enabled us to dog them around. Fun hunt for Sur thou

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom