Area 7 Wyoming Griz

azhuntin

Hey guys,

Just found out as a non resident,I drew this tag!! Can't believe it! Can anyone recommend an outfitter for this hunt? I will shoot em with a camera....after he is down.

Thanks,
Michael

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-18 AT 03:53AM (MST)[p]Damn------->

Ya got my Tag!! haha

I am sure will get some mailings from Outfitters.

Robb

I was going to talk to Shoshone Lodge Outfitters when I drew since they already do ?grizzly watching ? trips I assumed they may know where a few are?

Congratulations! Mightyhunter may be able to give you some advice. I know he's in NW Wyoming and hunts in grizzly country.

Good luck!

Wood river ranch would be worth talking to at least... they are close to the area 7 boundary and there are a lot of bears in that region. . Also, call and talk to the carnivore biologists and the wardens. Landowners who have grizzly issues in area 7 are going to be more then welcoming to having a hunter come get rid of a cattle killer!

During the Wyo Game & Fish Comm. meeting this spring, there was a Thermopolis area rancher testifying that multiple grizzlies had been killing livestock on his ranch that would be located in Area 7 (Owl Cr. mtns). He was after hundreds of thousands $$$ in compensation. A commissioner asked him if he would allow grizzly hunting & he replied that he would. I believe that the ranch also outfits. May be worth a call to the Thermopolis area game warden to check about him. This may be part of the Robbins High Island Ranch, but I'm not sure. The person testifying was not Robbins, but may have been a family member (in-law?). Sounds like there are likely grizzlies in this area & it's outside the ?core area?. I was going to pursue this area if I drew....but I didn't draw. :(

May want to check into the High Island Ranch past a bit too if this is the ranch.

The Wyo G&F Comm. meetings may still be on YouTube.

Good Luck.

I could direct you to a couple of nice boars. One boar is on the North Fork of the Shoshone. He has jacked a lot of elk meat over the years. You don't need a guide for these hunts.

just sayin...mh

That would be awesome and I would really appreciate it, my email is [email protected]. I really don't know what to expect, so I was thinking a guide as I want to make the most of it and kill a good mature boar, but I would rather do it diy.

Thanks,
Michael

I think I'd call Boulder Basin Outfitters. I think he has a score to settle with a griz that chewed up one of his clients and one of his guides last year. I bet he'd be happy to put you on that bear!

Mackey

>Hey guys,
>
>Just found out as a non
>resident,I drew this tag!! Can't
>believe it! Can anyone recommend
>an outfitter for this hunt?
>I will shoot em with
>a camera....after he is down.
>
>
>Thanks,
>Michael

I thought all non res who drew grizz had to hire a guide.... maybe I read wrong. Congrats on a once in a life time tag. If you see any big bucks in that area let me know. I have a region f deer tag this fall.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom