Arizona apps

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Am I missing something!!
When filling out apps for myself, son, and daughter I have to re-enter ALL the data each time. SS # , etc. For each species. Seems other states are much easier. Maybe I am missing something.
Thanks
Bill

Yes
Arizona has had the worst Application process
For the last 30 years.
Evidently they don’t have a clue how anyone else has there systems set up.
Of course they actually just got a computer system in the last couple years.
I remember having to send in money for each species.You had to by a hunting license for ever
Animal Then they would mail you a refund.

Don’t know why, but after applying for 25 years it bothered me this year. Also been putting in my son and daughter for the last 12 years. Just seems like in this age of High Tech things should be getting easier. Look how simple Nevada and Utah are to apply. Guess you just have to appreciate the easier ones. Once I get my sheep tags I won’t care how the app process went. ??

Don’t know why, but after applying for 25 years it bothered me this year. Also been putting in my son and daughter for the last 12 years. Just seems like in this age of High Tech things should be getting easier. Look how simple Nevada and Utah are to apply. Guess you just have to appreciate the easier ones. Once I get my sheep tags I won’t care how the app process went. ??
Totally agree I have been applying for a while now in Arizona and did my apps last night and for some reason never really noticed having to input my SS and what not every time tell last night and was so annoyed by it.

To my memory, it's been like that since the computer application started a decade or two ago. The computer system went away for a few years in the middle of that time, but I believe it was like that every year since the very beginning. No really significant improvements in the system since the start.

You must not apply in other states, or you would understand just how damn not simple AZ's draw system is. Any other state you can be put in for 6-7 species and paid for in 5 minutes.
I hunt multiple states, it’s not rocket surgery man.

It’s pretty damn simple. The only thing that is stupid is having to pay for each species.

What about entering your social security number.... twice. What about your residency check box... then you have to add years and months. Shouldn't these two things be on your profile? Not to mention asking for a donation and magazine subscription every time. If we only knew of how many Elk/Antelope apps they screwed up. I personally know of 6 elk tags that where issued after the draw when mistakes were called out... tags above the quotas. I apply in 8 states... Arizona wins the trophy. Ed F

Some of us have to enter our SS number 3 times. Years ago they had us use that as our ID #. Also this year I had to enter all of our hunting license numbers each time.

What about entering your social security number.... twice. What about your residency check box... then you have to add years and months. Shouldn't these two things be on your profile? Not to mention asking for a donation and magazine subscription every time. If we only knew of how many Elk/Antelope apps they screwed up. I personally know of 6 elk tags that where issued after the draw when mistakes were called out... tags above the quotas. I apply in 8 states... Arizona wins the trophy. Ed F
Yeah, sounds like you accidently ordered that damn magazine. Me too...

I apply for 7 states not only me but also my kids and grandkids. AZ is the worst making you pay for each species and then enter the SS number.
Why do they need the SS# of a 10 year old and a 12 year old ?
Maybe some state has them on the list for owing back child support.

It’s pretty damn simple. The only thing that is stupid is having to pay for each species.
I only apply for elk and deer, so it's once in Feb and once in May for me, so not bad.

Where AZ G&F gets you hooked is with the $160 NR license. After that, it's $15 per species.

I only apply for elk and deer, so it's once in Feb and once in May for me, so not bad.

Where AZ G&F gets you hooked is with the $160 NR license. After that, it's $15 per species.
Correct, I just don’t like that you pay for each application instead of of just adding to a cart and checking out.

Don’t forget to write down the species on the receipt page you print out cause they don’t have it listed on the paper.

We absolutely have the worst online draw system in the western US. My family of 4 I had to run my credit card 15 times(Sheep 4 times, Bison 3 times, Deer 4 times, Javelina points 1 time because I put in everyone together for points but had to enter SS number 8 times on 1 app, Crane 1 time- 4 people on 1 app and SS number entered 8 times, Turkey 2 times).

I entered SS numbers 46 times...

Last edited:
Don’t forget to write down the species on the receipt page you print out cause they don’t have it listed on the paper.
It’s listed on the email receipt.

E0DFE92F-1C52-4735-901B-1217BB2B400D.jpeg

Awesome you are correct!
My receipts show the order number also.
But they don’t have all the other information
Yours shows.I printed the one they said to print off the computer which gives you none of that.
You only see what yours shows when you
Check your email later.

Last edited:
Awesome you are correct!
My receipts show the order number also.
But they don’t have all the other information
Yours shows.I printed the one they said to print off the computer which gives you none of that.
You only see what yours shows when you
Check your email later.
yup, weird it's not on the receipt after you complete the app, yet it's on the receipt in the email. Just another quirk in a quirky app process. lol

I heard they doubled their computing capacity. Upgraded from a Commodore 64 to the Commodore 128!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nice,
I see they want to go to Paperless licenses and tags.
Maybe they should get there draw systems fix first?
But at least they are trying!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom