Arizona bull!

ruthunter

Since alot of us are waiting on the Az draw I thought I would share my successful Az hunt from 2016.
14056img6207.jpg

That's a stud of a bull !! What unit and did you go guided ? It's not like any of us are going to draw,Haha.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-17 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]>That's a stud of a bull
>!! What unit and did
>you go guided ? It's
>not like any of us
>are going to draw,Haha.

100% DIY. Unit 21..391" Gross!

Absolute Dream Bull! Huge Congrats to you! It will be darn tough to top that bull, but I wish you all the luck in doing so.

WOW that is one fine bull, I'm guessing you will never be called dinkshooter.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

OMG! What a hoss! Hope you had a bunch of friends to help you pack him out!!

BTW, what are you shooting for total arrow weight, speed, kinetic energy, etc...?

Congrats on a nice bull!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-17 AT 07:39PM (MST)[p]>OMG! What a hoss!
>Hope you had a bunch
>of friends to help you
>pack him out!!
>
>BTW, what are you shooting for
>total arrow weight, speed, kinetic
>energy, etc...?
>
>Congrats on a nice bull!!
I was shooting a PSE Carbon Air at 70# with a bloodsport ONYX arrow with a 125gr gravedigger broadhead. Total arrow weight was right at 500grains.

>How bout a story to go
>with that awesome critter?
Once I drew the tag I immediately began scouting. The unit is a non traditional elk hunt with a small population of elk and temperatures around 100degrees during the day and chiggers and rattlesnakes are common. This particular bull showed up on (3) different cameras of mine making him tough to pattern. I put on 2000 miles on my razor scouting and checking cameras through the summer leading up to the hunt. I was never able to locate the bull in person but would get pics of him periodically. Four weeks before the opener he had vanished from every camera.

I decided to go up 3 days before the hunt in hopes of locating the bull. On Tuesday evening I was headed back to my camp from scouting all day and decided to stop at a glassing spot I had glassed from all summer with 15 minutes of light left. I immediately picked the bull up with cows on a hillside and decided I would come back there the next morning. The next morning I found him again and I stayed watching him from dark to dark and did the same for the next 2 days until the opener.

I ended up bumping the bull and his cows on opening morning while stalking in and luckily I had alot of buddies on different knobs watching him and finally after a couple stalks I was able to slip in on him and get an arrow off. The bull ran a couple hundred yards and piled up.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together! You worked for the opportunity and it paid off.

Congrats again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom