arizona draw (watch out)

jvgunner

I went to send my arizona app in today going to ups like I usally do & now that the app is sent to a P.O. box they dont ship there, or they wanted 27.00 for a letter, so I went to the post office where the line was a 1/2 mile long, so I went to their machine for priority mail, typed in the zip code, paid the 4.95 & the label printed out new river arizona, what the hell am i going to think about this, I scratched off new river & replaced it with Phoenix. I hope the hell It makes it their on time because if not I out of the draw for this year & loose my loyalty point for 5 more years. Thanks Arizona for just making it harder to send out the application, I lived in az for a while & never heard of new river, & yes I now Know Its some subburb of phoenix.

Still can't figure why they took a step backward from no online apps. Cheaper, more reliable, easier. The thought it would reduce nonresident apps was complete BS, plus they have the 10% cap anyways....Even if it were full fee up front, why not???

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-09 AT 00:28AM (MST)[p]Current address: (use the red lined envelope)

Arizona Game and Fish Department
P.O. Box 74020
Phoenix, AZ 85087

Old address: (do not use the old green lined envelopes)

P.O. Box 52002
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2002

The USPS website does not list "New River, AZ" in it's online database; however, a google search lists a New River, AZ with the same zip code as AZGFD. It looks like it is a small town a bit northwest of Cave Creek, AZ.

i sent in just for points for deer yesterday. Ther is not an address on the form I got off the DWR website. I sent it to the address form hunting fool magazine.

Az game and fish dept
5000 w. Carefree Highway
Phoenix AZ 85086

Hope it gets ther OK.

Carefree Hwy. was the last address (winter draw). It will be forwarded from there. That can take days or even a week. Here is from the June 1 Press realease:

"Applicants should note, there is a new P.O. Box for submitting hunt permit applications by mail, and the address should be reflected on the new envelopes. The new address is Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn.: Drawing Section, PO Box 74020, Phoenix, AZ 85087-1052. However, applications mailed to the old address will be automatically forwarded to the new address."

That and the 2 cent stamp increase will cause some some problems. Glad I sent mine early, my checks cleared the bank last week:)

AZBucksnort,
The new PO Box number you stated is correct, but the new envelopes have the GREEN stripe.

You can use the old red envelope if you wish to tempt fate, and hope it gets forwarded in time ;-)

RR

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-09 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]I don't even use the G&F envelopes; I print my own #10s, just as I print the application.

BTW, if anyone has the envelopes with the P.O. Box 52002
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2002 address, it will SUPPOSEDLY still get delivered to the right place. I'm not sure of the Carefree Hwy one, though.

Huntin100,

This is from the ONLINE application form. Maybe you missed it?

14. Enclose check, cashier?s check, or money order
payable to the Arizona Game and Fish
Department for the total amount due, along with
your application and mail to:
Arizona Game and Fish Department
P.O. Box 74020
Phoenix, AZ 85087-10

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Tony,
As Larry and Chris pointed out, the zip on the downloadable application is different than the one on the envelopes and in the printed regs.

85087-1052 vs 85087-10

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-09 AT 03:58PM (MST)[p]Yeah, I see that now. I doubt it makes a difference, tho. The main zip is the key.

The main point, even tho the zip is wrong, was that it WAS on the app contrary to what was stated.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-09 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]Doug,

Although they said it probably wouldn't glitch anything, I have G&F correcting the zip on the online application form. They'll try to get it done ASAP.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

"I went to send my arizona app in today going to ups like I usally do & now that the app is sent to a P.O. box they dont ship there"

Check the old apps, those went to a PO box as well. It is nothing new. If you ever drove I-17 N of Phx you went thru New River.

Once again, someone blaming G&F for their own mistakes. It never ends.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

I called AZGFD because I sent mine in in the red envelope which turns out is the old address (but still being distributed by retail stores like walmart). The lady told me that it's ok if they're in the red, they'll just get forwarded to the right address.

...but I haven't seen my checks cash yet so who knows...

Ryan
www.KeyToTheKaibab.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom