Arizona Kaibab Deer guide

oilcan

Long Time Member
I have 23 NR points and have always planned on using Duwane Adams when I drew a Late Kaibab tag. I recently found out he will no longer be guiding ( his son inlaw is apparently taking over ) so I’m in the process of looking around for a guide. I have talked to Shadow Valley outfitters and High Point Outfitters anyone have any experience with either of them and willing to share how it went.
Thanks

Which hunt will you have? Just because you use a guide service doesn't mean you get the owner of the company. You really don't need a guide up there.

Duane and his group are great. I am sure they will still be. With 23 points I would consider the drought and quality of antlers. I had a buddy that went last year and it was tough.

At what point (no pun intended) would a person begin thinking about trying for the late Kaibab tag vs the early? My son and I have 10-11 points for this area currently. I was considering going guided as well since we're NR and wouldnt be able to scout much if at all.

I drew it with 7 and drew an early rifle bull tag with 7 this year ,I am a res. but you can still get lucky Late hunt is great!.........................BULL

At what point (no pun intended) would a person begin thinking about trying for the late Kaibab tag vs the early? My son and I have 10-11 points for this area currently. I was considering going guided as well since we're NR and wouldnt be able to scout much if at all.
Realistically your only hope will be to draw a Random Tag for the Late hunt as a NR, you will never catch up. There are 4,500 people ahead of you in points and that doesn’t include 1,500 in the 10-11 pool.
89FC7123-9989-4032-B583-0DA90ABE52AF.jpeg

Duwane retired. Son in law took over . I bet things will be the same, top notch. no need to look around . Duwane would not lt it go down hill!.........................BULL!
There‘s some wisdom in this post. Call DA and tell him what you’re wanting. He will give it to you straight. I doubt you’ll get a late tag as a NR without max points. 23 points is a lot to burn for the early hunt during a drought year but most years a handful of 200” bucks come out of that camp’s early hunt. You never know what will get glassed up.

This one is right from Arizona game and fish. Even with Max points the strip and Kaibab late hunts are pipe dreams for non-residents. Example this year there are only six tags for the strip five tags for Lake Kaibab for nonresident. Half of those tags will be allotted to somebody with max points the other half will be put into the random draw. With five tags I don’t know how the split would be but if only two get put two in the random and you and your son are entering as a party and drew you would be the only non-residences to draw in the random and would have to have the lowest number for that to happen. Even on separate apps you can see how it’s still a pipe dream. This is how point Creep gets worse after several years on the top and still not drawing they switch to lesser units. With that being said the tags have to go to somebody and last year was my lucky year I drew the strip but was unlucky with bad anter growth. But
0261E011-766B-439C-BB90-DA18CD8DA6F8.png
I was glad to spend my points before point creep got worse.

I seen the shadow Valley outfitters in 2018 in unit nine on a late elk hunt they came by my camp to see the bull that I got as are camp was just down the road them. Talked with Bob for a few minutes he said he had pictures of my bull on game cam and would share them he told to contact him after the hunt was over. I never did part of me wishes I did but to offer for free was class act. The same year my friend drew the early bab hunt One of the last days of the Hunt we ran into high point all there clients were tagged out. He was still hunting with his son with just a day and a half left in the season. He showed me pictures of the bucks they got and some stores to go with them. to know they put clients first Evan over his son who was just a youngster it would be hard choice for me.

I had the late Kaibab tag a few years ago and I had an outfitter but had I known what the hunt was like I wouldn't have. you don't need any help if you have a 4x4 and know how to field judge at all.

I passed a few 180 class bucks, saw one monster for 2 seconds a mile away hunted until dark the last day and ate tag soup. a couple super nice bucks were taken but it was just pure luck, one was standing in the road and the other was standing by the guys pickup when he walked back to it.

I know those bucks are there during early rifle season, so will prob take my chances on that hunt. I'll have a good time either way and be able to say I hunted the Kaibab.

I had the late Kaibab tag a few years ago and I had an outfitter but had I known what the hunt was like I wouldn't have. you don't need any help if you have a 4x4 and know how to field judge at all.

I passed a few 180 class bucks, saw one monster for 2 seconds a mile away hunted until dark the last day and ate tag soup. a couple super nice bucks were taken but it was just pure luck, one was standing in the road and the other was standing by the guys pickup when he walked back to it.
What year did you hunt the late Kiabab?

I seen the shadow Valley outfitters in 2018 in unit nine on a late elk hunt they came by my camp to see the bull that I got as are camp was just down the road them. Talked with Bob for a few minutes he said he had pictures of my bull on game cam and would share them he told to contact him after the hunt was over. I never did part of me wishes I did but to offer for free was class act. The same year my friend drew the early bab hunt One of the last days of the Hunt we ran into high point all there clients were tagged out. He was still hunting with his son with just a day and a half left in the season. He showed me pictures of the bucks they got and some stores to go with them. to know they put clients first Evan over his son who was just a youngster it would be hard choice for me.
Hey, shoot me a text and a pic of your bull. I’ll see what pics I can dig up.

For the original poster, keep us posted if ya got another other questions!

Bob Dykeman
Shadow Valley Outfitters

Duwane retired. Son in law took over . I bet things will be the same, top notch. no need to look around . Duwane would not lt it go down hill!.........................BULL!
Robert D. Adams 2022-0036 Assist in Unlawful Take of WhiteTailed Deer For Monetary Gain. As A Hunting Guide Aid, Counsel, Or Agree to Aid, Or Attempt to Aid Another Person in Conduct That Results in A Big Game Violation. Place Bait for The Purpose of Attracting Big Game. Possess Unlawfully Taken WhiteTailed Deer Over Bait (3 counts)

Duwane Adams lost his hunting privileges yesterday for 5 years, he seen the writing on the wall and "sold the family business to his son-in-law".

Still a Class act and Great Guy . Not the First guy to do that .Heard of many Stories over the years of Guys Cheating...............................BULL!

Best outfitter in the West .Could teach most how todo it right!. I aint crying don't know why You are?.......................Bull!

Best outfitter in the West .Could teach most how todo it right!. I aint crying don't know why You are?.......................Bull!
How in the hell is he going to teach most how to do it right when he got busted, and from the sound of it he still has more illegal crap still in the court system?

Someone who helps a poacher find an animal and kill it ( for profit or not, even though they did not pull the trigger) is still a poacher. Or even worse!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom