Arizona Predators

Great video! Thanks for sharing! Are roadrunners and ringtails predators? Lol
Yes lol. Roadrunners are vicious lizard killers. They also pick up snakes and bounce their head off the ground until they’re dead. Ringtail cats eat rodents, rabbits, squirrels, etc.

Yes lol. Roadrunners are vicious lizard killers. They also pick up snakes and bounce their head off the ground until they’re dead. Ringtail cats eat rodents, rabbits, squirrels, etc.
I stand corrected! In fact I believe this months edition of Predator Xtreme magazine features a snarling roadrunner on the cover! ?

Roadrunners would be scary it they got as big as ostrich’s. SOB’s kill more quail than people do.

Roadrunners would be scary it they got as big as ostrich’s. SOB’s kill more quail than people do.
I had an emu chase my butt while I was hunting turkey on a ranch in New Zealand. Here's a photo I got after the fact.

emu.jpg

It was my turn to open the trap club one day, and when I went around one corner of the building I ran right into an emu standing in the shade. Not what you see everyday in CO. Srared the chit outa me. He was taller than I was and ran a hell of a lot faster. :oops:

Turns out he was one of many that some hobby farmer turned loose. He hung around for a couple of months until presumably one of the pred’s from Mesa Verde got him. Our club sat at the foot of the mesa.

Tall is right!!

The one that chased me was in a huge fenced pasture and spotted me from about 50 yds. away as soon as I entered through the gate. I walked about 20 yds. before it headed my way on the dead run. I did a quick about face & barely shut the gate as it arrived. The pic was shot from the other side of the fence. I have a bunch more but not scanned.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom