Arizona strip

K

kdog514

New resident to Arizona and I drew an archery tag for 13A, any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

DO ALOT OF SCOUTING AND FAMILIARIZING WITH THE UNIT TRY TO LOCATE WATER SOURCES AND START GLASSING. THINK ABOUT HIRING A GUIDE WHO KNOWS THE UNIT.

Good luck. I drew the same hunt myself and haven't been able to get alot of info. I will give you all I have and that is to check out Mt. Trumbull and Mt. Logan areas. I have never been one to go where everyone else is, so I will probably check out some out of the way places. I have also heard it is extremely dry there and water will be the key. I haven't been able to find a map that shows water locations very well though. I am going up there to scout next weekend and hope to be able to narrow down my search a little.

We have the 13B archery tag, I don't know much about 13A. A friend had the 13A late tag last year and took a nice 29-30" buck. He started his scouting at the higher peaks in the unit and then went from there. Good Luck!

When you go scouting, just be sure you are prepared with spare tire, jack etc.......and lots of water. It is very rugged. Hope you guys do well........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I believe to get to mt.trumbull its fifty miles of dirt road. When you pull off the highway you will see a tiny mountain range way off in the distance. Its awesome country and you guys should have a blast on that hunt . Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice. I am planning on scouting the area within a week. I've seen a few pics of some deer from the area, they are BIG. I can't wait to get out there. I've hunted out in the middle of nowhere, MT. I'm sure this will be just as challenging.

Good Luck to everyone else that drew a tag.

Have FUN

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom