Arizona Unit 1 Archery Bull Elk.

It took more than 19 points The people with 19 five of the eight got it in the bonus round
54F14E30-4192-4A54-BCD7-94D6E493BF35.jpeg

BB3646A4-03EB-4476-B4C8-C185BCE7AFC7.jpeg

I'm sitting on 19 right now. Would love this tag.
Hopefully the same # of tags are issued next year. If you apply then, and no one with more points jumps in, you may have a chance at a bonus pass tag. Otherwise, pray for luck in the random pass.

You could always get in shape and go to unit 27. If they don't reduce tags that should be a 100% draw at 19 pts.

It took more than 19 points The people with 19 five of the eight got it in the bonus round View attachment 79615

View attachment 79614
Technically 5/17 people drew at 19 points. Because the systems looks at both 1st and 2nd choice and you do not know who go drawn where .

Like flatlander said if no one changes their applications from this year and tags don’t change those remaining 12 non res ( max bonus tags available ) will draw with 20 points next year.

Pretty nuts.

Yes, I have the permanent point from the Hunter's Ed Class.

As for getting in Shape, I am definitely working on that. Giving myself more than a year to be in the best shape I can, then 27 becomes an option. If I draw it next year, I will be a couple months shy of 50 years old!!! Want to be able to hunt it hard when I draw. Probably will be my only time.

Broadside are you at 19 after this year or were you part of the 19 pool this year ( 20 next year )

Yeah, I am at 19 after this years draw. So I will be going into next year with 19. Sounds like I may be still a year or two behind.

32379985-1697-4468-9D26-FFB35E8228C3.png
Technically 5/17 people drew at 19 points. Because the systems looks at both 1st and 2nd choice and you do not know who go drawn where .

Like flatlander said if no one changes their applications from this year and tags don’t change those remaining 12 non res ( max bonus tags available ) will draw with 20 points next year.

Pretty nuts.
System does look at the first and second choice after they give 20% of the tags away to the people with the most bonus points in the bonus pass all five got it in the bonus pass because of their point status nobody drew in the random draw with that 19 points

33A803FB-4C7E-43DC-8DB6-3115F89ACDDB.png

System does look at the first and second choice after they give 20% of the tags away to the people with the most bonus points in the bonus pass all five got it in the bonus pass because of their point status nobody drew in the random draw with that 19 points

View attachment 79763
I understand that it doesn’t look past 20% for the bonus pass. In the case of the 19 point pool it had 17 non resident applications and zero res application . Residents actually don’t come into play until 16 points.

Non res can only take up to 5% in the bonus pass which is 12 tags because it rounds down instead of up based off of the 250 tags for the hunt. 7 tags were issued to hunters with 20-22 points. That leaves 5 tags to be randomly allocated to the final 17 non res that had unit 1 as a first or second choice at 19 points. After that the final 12 would be fighting the whole point pool for up to 5% of the tags.

We could easily be saying the same thing and just explaining it differently.

I agree with fin little, I had 20 points going in this year and sat out on unit 1 waiting on the late dates for next year.

For those in the know, how good is Unit 1? Is it as good as it was 5 years ago??Applying with 6 points I just picked one of the higher demand units a my first choice and got lucky.
JD

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom