Arrows.

matt23

I'm looking at getting some new arrows. Wanted some more recommendations before I pull the trigger. The archery shop told me 300 spine is best. My draw length is 28 inches and I'm set at 70 lbs draw weight.

Almost every arrows spine chart is different. I'm shooting the VAP TKO's with their hybrid outsert and I believe they are 350 spine and I'm set at 28.5 on draw length shooting 66lbs.

Almost every arrows spine chart is different. I'm shooting the VAP TKO's with their hybrid outsert and I believe they are 350 spine and I'm set at 28.5 on draw length shooting 66lbs.
I know that's why I'm a bit lost. I'd go with what the recommend but just wanted to get some others opinions. Thanks man

Most of the eastons are solid options, alot of the guys on here shoot goldtips (not a big fan of them myself) VAP has alot of really good options as well.

Matt,

MountainSqwabler is spot on, there a lot of options and opinions!

How much are you looking to spend? $10/arrow or $30? What weight broadheads and inserts do you plan to shoot? Which arrow specifically did they recommend and for how much if you'd share?

Regards,
Rob

If you're willing to spend the money, Gold Tip Kinetic Kaos are the best I've found. With regard to spine consistency, straightness, durability, and ease of getting broadheads to spin-check true. I've never encountered a "flyer" shaft in several years of using these. I can't say the same for other shafts I've used, esp those with the HIT insert system.

The bare shaft spine has a lot to do with hoe much weight you want for a completed arrow.

I just looked at the Gold tip chart. A 29 inch arrow at 70 pounds will be 340 to 300 spine depending on the head weight. If you want to also add some inserts to up the weight, then it could even bump up to a 250 spine. You really need to theoretically build the arrow as whole with what the intended target is before choosing the actual spine.

Matt,

MountainSqwabler is spot on, there a lot of options and opinions!

How much are you looking to spend? $10/arrow or $30? What weight broadheads and inserts do you plan to shoot? Which arrow specifically did they recommend and for how much if you'd share?

Regards,
Rob
I'm not positive but probably more to the 10 dollar an arrow range. My broadheads are g5 striker v2 125 grain. They didn't really give me a brand but did say the Easton's are a good arrow.

This is my own personal experience, but I always err on the side of a stiffer spine. I had a shop tell me to go with a certain spine and with the tip, outsert and broadhead installed, everything came out to a little over 500 grains.

The first time I fired the thing, I could see it wobbling in the air on the way to the target. I went with a stiffer spine and that took care of it. They recommended 300, but I ended up buying the 250 spine (4mm Easton arrows, 29.5"DL, 76lb DW).

So mevertsen is right on. You'll need to take into consideration your arrow length and weight (when fully built). I cut my arrows so that they hang past the riser about 3/4" at full draw. Just personal preference.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom