arrows??????

B

bullet_man1

what kind of arrows does every one shoot?i brought a used bow browning spectum2.its at the bow shop right now getting tuned up .my never use it but just in case i"ll have one.

I shoot Scout Mountain Epsilon's but they have since changed their name to Vital Bow Gear. They used to make them in mediums and heavies, now they are called warriors and gladiators. Same exact shaft just name change. They are good durable shafts - no complaints here.

Wilecoyote76

I shoot "carbon express" 6070's they shoot pretty well for a cheaper carbon arrow.-Justin

I too shoot the V.B.G. Warriors. I also like the Gold Tips.
Eric
hat_3.gif
aktion060.gif

Bird-01.gif

GOLD TIP ALL THE WAY !! A FEW YEARS AGO I SHOT ACC'S THEN A GOOD FRIEND OF MY GAVE ME A SET OF GT 3D PRO'S. THEY OUT DO ACC'S IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE ( SRTAIGHTNESS, WEIGHT CONSISTANCY,DURABILITY, I COULD GO ON.) THIS YEAR GOLD TIP IS COMMING OUT WITH A COUPLE OF NEW LIGHT WEIGHT SHAFTS AN AWESOME NEW NOCK AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY HAVE BOUGHT SOME NEW MACHINERY THAT WILL GREATLY INCREASE THEIR WEIGHT AND STRAIGHTNESS TOLERANCES ON ALL OF THEIR SHAFTS.THAT MEANS THEIR LOW END SHAFTS LIKE THE HUNTERS AND XT'S WILL BE AWESOME!! THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD CARBON SHAFTS ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW, JUST BE CAREFUL TO GET THE ONES THAT HOLD THE TIGHTEST TOLERANCES. GOOD LUCK

Where can you get those GT 3D pros? I currently shoot ACC's and can't see how another arrow could be "better". I have had the same set of arrows for 3 years, shoot 3 or 4 times a week, and the only arrows I have worn out are ones that either I or some smartsas has shot the nock off of.

Consistency and accuracy aren't an issue as I do pretty well in 3D and 300 shoots (my best round is a 300 with 52X).

I tried Beman Matrix last year, but they were 9 grains heavier than my acc's. Other than that I liked them.

SMALLS,TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE AND I'L TELL YOU WHERE YOU CAN PICK UP SOME 3D PRO'S OR ULTRALIGHT 3D PRO'S!!

Do you guys use gold tips to hunt with or just for target. Ive heard allot of good things about them but wasnt sure if they had good hunting arrows.

BECAUSE OF THEIR DURABILITY I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST HUNTING ARROW EVER!!

AP is right. GoldTip sent me a dozen shafts to try and I must say, they are a quality shaft. There are now two carbon shafts I'd recommend: GoldTips & Carbon Express 3D Select. (Actually PSE's carbon shafts are Carbon Express shafts with their name on it so they'd work too). If you're going to shoot carbons, you can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Antlerpinnacle,
You "heard they got new machinery"? You work there so you should know first hand. I think you should include your affiliation with GT in any post you make about arrows - especially when someone is looking for advice and opinions on arrows. They should know that your opinion is bias because you work there.

GoldTip makes great arrows and usually has good prices. I hope the new machines are more efficient so GT doesn't have to raise prices.

I am looking forward to seeing their new products this year.

ride_red, why do you insist on always saying that i am bias? i would not recomend a product to my buddies or anyone else unless i have put it to the test and really beleive in it no matter where i work or who i am affiliated with! thats like telling your buddy to go marry a fat ugly chick just because one night you got drunk, were a little horny, messed up with one and had to mary her, and now your depressed so you want others to feel in your sorrow!! i don't work that way..gold tips are the best, i have put them to the test and really believe in them . anyways i think with these new changes you might even switch this year , the prices on our target shafts have not gone up infact some of our new lines are actually a bit cheaper.

Cody,
LOL! I like your analogy. :)

Just for the record... I don't always say that you are bias. I remember saying it one other time last spring and I haven't brought it up since.

As for me and GT arrows. I will gladly shoot them. I shot them for indoor 3d last winter. I have probably sold as many people on GT arrows as you have - OK maybe not that many, but I have got a lot of people shooting GT because they were priced right and shot good.

A few years ago I use to go down to Sporstmans Archery and I would get laughed at because I was shooting GT instead of PSE's or ACC's. But I had to buy them on ebay because Sporstmans didn't even carry them. My, how times have changed. Now I get harrassed because I shoot x7's for spots instead of GT.

I have a few more Vapors left and then I intend to shoot GT again. I look forward to some of your new lines. When can we see them? I was in Gerald's the other day and he didn't have any samples or anything to show.

MAYBE I CAN GET YOU OUT A COUPLE SHAFTS TO TEST AS SOON AS I GET SOME. WE JUST STARTED MAKING THEM ! G MAMA SHOULD SEE SOME IN HIS SHOP SOMETIME IN DECEMBER, AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL HAVE OUR NEW NOCKS TO GO WITH THEM!

I shoot beman ICS hunters. I started out with aluminums and quickly went to anything better. Tried out ACC and Gold tips which I wasn't impressed one bit. I've shot the same 2 dozen for 4 years now and the only way I break on is shoot the nock or some how break one missing an animal.

I'd check them all out and compare prices. If you don't plan on shooting it or hunting with it really. I'd buy the cheapest arrows.

I havnt shot carbon in along time. I take it they all have inserts now? And they dont explode when you hit the smallest rock. Im thinking of switching back form my old xx78 to carbon. Any thing different as far as Nocks or inserts or anything else i should know?

All carbons now have inserts for both nocks and points. They are all basically 0.244" - 0.246" inside diamter to fit Easton SuperNocks. Most will also fit an Easton Redline Unibushing and the Easton G-Nocks for extra strength at the nock end.

They still blow up if they ever touch a rock at speed. The place where the new carbons are so good is in targets where your arrows are hitting each other all the time. Aluminums get dented super easily. The carbons can be banged together repeatedly and still come out unscathed. You do have to bend and twist them to see if they have any delaminations, but for the most part they are good to go.

I have had lots of trouble with the nock end of carbons cracking. The Easton Redline Unibushings and Easton G-Nocks completely solves this issue though.

In the end of the day I still hunt with SuperSlam Select 2312's with the swedged down nock ends. They are the perfect arrow for my hunting set up in over all weight and stiffness tuning. Go Figure!

Cheers,
Pete

i got some arrows the orther day .i settled for eastonxx78 super slam 2413 super lite.one reason was they r usa made.now i need help on tips and broad heads.

HAY BULLET ALL GOLD TIPS ARE MADE IN THE USA!!! NONE OF THAT COMMY STUFF !!!!

AP,

sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. I live in Fargo, North Dakota. To my knowledge we have no goldtip retailers anywhere near here. I must say I am not familiar with the goldtip line of arrows as I have never seen anyone shoot them at the range.
But,I am always willing to try new products to see judge their worth.

the little one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom