At it again in a blizzard. Semi live

nocwalker

Well. Wasn’t planning this but here I sit as 8 more inches of snow is winding down. Deer have been through here the last 2 nights but the big new factor is the snow. We’ll see. I usually get a west wind in this stand. Today, north. Deer have been approaching from the S or N guessing from photos. So one direction is Bad. It’s 4:30 and we’ll see what shakes out. Kinda cool at about 27degrees

8381A68D-0F0D-4F4A-AB85-331F8FB94B69.jpeg

Well. I answered a text. Got done. Looked up. They’re straight in front of me to the south at 50 coming fast. Took the glasses off, lifted the bow when it was safe and took the biggest. Think they were all bb’s
It went about 40 and struggled, flipped over

Well, just got home. Had to shovel the apron. And ate dinner. That’s what happens if you want to kill things. I shot that right at 5. Out of stand by 5:30. Went to truck, geared down, registered deer , filled out tag and went back in with sled and knife

gutted deer right about 6, drug it out and was on road about 6:45

man it’s work

got home at 7:30. Feels good to sit down

So, I had made a post here not long before spotting them. Answered a text, looked up and coming in from just off of down wind is 2 deer. Then a third I spot to the right. I was hoping to get incoming pics for you guys but man this happened fast. Now I’m behind the game here. I put a glove on fast( I had them off to text). I pull my hood down, I didn’t want it to get in way and I took my glasses off. My bow is hanging right in front of me so I just reached up and grabbed it.
I think these deer are just surviving the weather and we’re kinda oblivious to they’re surrounding ( unusual)

The third one coming in got spoked some. Might have seen me as all 3 were facing me. It ran to my left when it was at 25yds. It ran about 15yds and stopped. The other at 15yds in front of me turned slightly to watch that knuckle head. That gave me the opertunity to adjust my body, weight and bow for a shot. ( bad move?). At that point the biggest one was almost turned sideways, it turned a little more and it’s time when I can draw. I checked the other 2. The closest one at 12yds turned its head, #3s eye were visible at 20yds. The target moved head head and I drew, at that point it’s too late. I bend at waist and 2 sec later it’s over. It to the S E about 40 yds, wobbled and fell over.

I did not hunt on the last day of the season (sat 20th). Just packed it in , so didn’t do another semi. Spent the evening with the wife. Can finally gear down the truck. The gear stays in the truck from sept til feb. it’ll finally get cleaned up.

my partner and I have close to 30 stands up, once the snow melts some it time to start taking them down. My hunting partner is going to recable and string my whitetail bow and reset my western bow. We have a lot of shooting to do this year.

next hunt. Colorado Muledeer. sept 21 in 21

YEAh, Getting pumped already !!!!!!

bill v

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom