ATF...oops, no warrant.

Wow. So how did the ATF know he bought a solvent trap? Uncle Sugar wouldn't weaponize the financials/purchases of consumers in order to come into our homes, would they? :unsure: Is it now illegal to buy a solvent trap? They knew the guy had an AR15 semi-automatic sporting rifle. Perhaps they only go after those with solvent traps AND black scary rifles? Or maybe any of the many and sundry firearms that have threaded barrels?

Good to hear that guy stand those @$$holes down. Of course he is a target for them now.

Wow. So how did the ATF know he bought a solvent trap? Uncle Sugar wouldn't weaponize the financials/purchases of consumers in order to come into our homes, would they? :unsure: Is it now illegal to buy a solvent trap? They knew the guy had an AR15 semi-automatic sporting rifle. Perhaps they only go after those with solvent traps AND black scary rifles? Or maybe any of the many and sundry firearms that have threaded barrels?

Good to hear that guy stand those @$$holes down. Of course he is a target for them now.
Apparently, so are his dogs.

The rules can be murky, especially if the ATF chooses a different way to interpret them.

As an example, I *think* it used to be that you could own a DIAS (drop in auto sear) and did not need paperwork. However, it is against the law to own a DIAS *and* a weapon which allows it to function without paperwork.

That same rule may be applied to the 'solvent trap' v. a weapon with a threaded barrel.

I would think it easier to obtain an SOT license; then just make your own stuff legally.

I am not sure this is real. If it is real the man handled it well. There have been a few real videos floating around lately with Aye Tea Effe agents going door to door saying they have to confirm posession of weapons after a sale.

I honestly don't see how a solvent trap could effectively function as a suppressor.

Well, so is any 6" pipe going to be illegal as it can be made into a suppressor ?
The ATF is really cracking down on anything the think can be made into a gun next. And I hear AR-15 ammo is going to be really expensive soon.

Yes. %100. There is a lot more to a suppressor than a can with a hole in one end and threads on another.
1663953876534.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom