ATL’s

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
What’s your coolest as they lay shed(s)? Took my boys out today and found 6 brown deer sheds including this set laying right on top of one another. Pretty cool find.

2548A21B-0A16-40FD-8582-6B850842EE3D.jpeg

D9DEAE5E-946D-436E-84C6-F0363C2E0B51.jpeg

That's awesome! I've never found any on top of each other. My coolest set was a small 4 point set that was resting on top of sagebrush, but not touching.

What’s your coolest as they lay shed(s)? Took my boys out today and found 6 brown deer sheds including this set laying right on top of one another. Pretty cool find.
Really nice sheds!
I found a set laying together like that while hiking Nevada years ago.
I just assumed someone had already found them and had been carrying them around for a while and had to lay them down and for some reason never came back and got them.
It appears to me that this could be the case here also it looks like they are overlapping each other in a way that would be not natural for a buck to drop them together like that. Unless maybe he shook his head and the second one fell off and happened to get tossed into the first one and they kind of slide together that way. Anything is possible I suppose.

Really nice sheds!
I found a set laying together like that while hiking Nevada years ago.
I just assumed someone had already found them and had been carrying them around for a while and had to lay them down and for some reason never came back and got them.
It appears to me that this could be the case here also it looks like they are overlapping each other in a way that would be not natural for a buck to drop them together like that. Unless maybe he shook his head and the second one fell off and happened to get tossed into the first one and they kind of slide together that way. Anything is possible I suppose.
Never thought about that. The closest boot tracks were at least 75 yards away though and these were fairly fresh with a decent set of tracks close.

Last edited:
2017: Probably my coolest ATL ever! I had hiked for several hours unsuccessfully and was pretty discouraged. I was almost back to my truck, and eyes were focused on the trail. I gazed uphill to my left, and caught an unusual shape. Appears the bullhad just wrenched his antler off on an old snag!

wrenched off on tree.jpg

2Devil Pt. 6 3.JPG

I have a ton of favorites but these stand out to me!
0328001259a.jpg

10 years ago I found these like this in a little hole surrounded by junipers. I don't know if someone left them as I found them or i just got lucky to find this awesome set like this! The area was pretty remote.
20190309_141745.jpg

The BEST way to find them!
20190329_165650.jpg

20200403_103242.jpg

Don't know it's a set or not but I'll take it! 13.5" bases! They were about 15 yds apart in the previous picture. Set - yes or no?
20150417_123205.jpg

6x8
20190309_092753.jpg

89" single
0320010947.jpg

0322012323.jpg
0322012325.jpg

Double Drop Muley with a 12oz soda can for reference!

Sorry for the pic overload! Sheds get me riled up! :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom