Attention G-37 Hunters

Calif_Mike

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-13 AT 12:17PM (MST)[p]The USFS issued a forest closure order yesterday (Sept 12) for all of the Groveland District, including the Anderson Hunt area that goes through the end of the year. looks like we are screwed.

Have had some preliminary converstations with DFG and as expected they are clueless and can't give me a straight answer about getting points back if I return the tag. You can get a refund for the money but they aren't sure about the points.

Here is the link to the Forest Closure Order.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5435791.pdf

Happy F'n Friday!

That's screwed up Mike. You finally drew out and because of the fire now there's no hunt! Hope you at least get your points back. Getting your money is ok but it's your points that, to me, mean more than the cost of the tag. Let us know how getting your points back goes, that's ripped up!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That blows....what sucks is even if you get your points back, how long until you actually can DRAW it again?! That just plain sucks. Sorry to hear that....

M'Balz Es Hari

Crappy deal Mike. I have a little piece of private to hunt in Greely Hill, but other than that it's looking pretty bleak. There are other places to go, but I'm not sure if the 5000 hunters that hunted in the now closed area will be there or decide to stay home. I have a feeling some smoker bucks will get whacked this year.

Thanks guys. Still no word on whether I will be able to get my points back. DFG released a press release on Friday about closed areas from the Rim Fire and how they can't refund tags since the hunt already started. This pretains to D-6 but not G37 since that hunt hasn't opened. So still in a holding pattern.

Mike, about 6 years ago the FS closed parts of Six Rivers NF at the start of hunting season. There was a fire going at the time. 90% of us hunters stayed away like good boys and girls. About 10% of the hunters acted ignorant and went in the back ways and hunted anyway. The very few who got caught were told to leave, and most of them waited for the officer to leave and doubled back and hunted anyway. A lot of nice bucks were killed. I know this because I talked to many hunters who did it.

Just saying.

Eel

Wonder why they have to shut the forest down ? Back in 1973 there was a big fire by Cherry lake , they didn't shut it down . From what I can see there is still green areas that the rim fire didn't burn .
I also looked at the inciweb photos of the fire . The one that is labeled Cherry lake isn't even Cherry lake ? So what is up with that ?
Last year I had the G-37 tag drew with max points , What I can tell you is it needed to burn to clear out some of that brush , the place was so thick it was miserable trying to hunt it !
That hunt is over rated also , it is so weather dependent my hunt it rained the whole time no snow . Sure I saw some bucks nothing real big and I hunted the whole season . I managed to get a 4x4 but not the buck I have dreamed about getting with that tag that is for sure .
I just wonder what the fish and game will do for next year same 10,000 tags for D-6 ? When half the zone is shut down ? I guess this will be a test about weather they just really want our money .
Why don't they just post something to the effect , Due to the Rim fire enter forest at your own risk and leave it at that . The government trying to keep everyone safe is a total joke !!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom