Attention Hunters!

Hiker of the Woods

We need you at tomorrow's meeting with Utah's Governor Gary Herbert

Folks,

Tomorrow night at 6:45pm (Weds, January 18th) Governor Gary Herbert is holding a town hall meeting in Cache county, Utah.

We would like to have at least 300 sportsmen attend the meeting in hunter orange. What a great way to communicate our support for fixing Utah's Mule Deer herd. If a picture is worth a thousand words, we want to paint that picture with a room full of hunters wearing orange or camo.

Many sportsmen have offered to attend this meeting from all over the state. We are working to make sure there is a good attendance tomorrow night.

If you are planning to attend, or are available to attend, please send me a quick note at [email protected]. This way we can make sure enough people are able to attend. Attending this meeting is a great way to make our collective voices heard.

The address is:

Wellsville Elementary School

90 East, 100 South, Wellsville, Utah

Thank you for your support of Mule Deer Restoration in Utah.

-- Ryan Benson

PleaseDear, I'm pretty sure you won't have enough time.

The State of Utah and the DWR needs to stand up to SFW, but they won't. They are connected to tit of SFW and they think they will starve to death if they let go.

One would think with SFW representing thousands of Utah hunters they could come up with 300 people pretty easy. I would bet that if you throw a tag at Austed he might fly in for you...

So, who showed? What was said by those in attendance? What did the Gov. say? Give us a summary.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

What has the Big Game Forever organization done to make you distrust them? I have supported and am thankful for the efforts that have made in reguards to the wolf managment issues. Maybe you guys supporting United Wildlife Cooprative could explain where your true interests lie. I have seen nothing from your organization in the way of efforts to bring true sportsman/conservationists together to help preserve our hunting heritage and wildlife. I am not attackig your organization, I am actually quit intersted in lending my support to it. However, I would like to know where your true interests lie. Also I hope that you understand that division among true conservationists will be our demise. So, if indeed SFW and BGF have done things counter productive to our cause lets hear the issues, not coy jabs that divide sportsman and their support for wildlife conservation.

Sincerely,
RidgeRebel

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-12 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]RidgeRebel,

I appreciate your response, understand your concerns, and applaud you for being proactive for the betterment of our heritage. I will gladly respond to your post when I get home from work this evening, the boss frowns on such things as internet browsing, lol.

Maybe in the mean time, you can search my posts and see just how "counter productive and divisive" I actually am when it comes to dividing hunters from each other. I will address your PM to me here in public as well, thanks again!

Perry

PS. When you get a chance, look up the two "wolf bills" HR509 and S249, and the Simpson/Tester bill. And as food for thought, here is a press release you may be interested in:

NRA, SCI, and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release

Today the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen?s Foundation publicly disavowed a misleading press release distributed on Friday, March 11th to congressional offices and other outlets. The press release blatantly misrepresents the position of these organizations regarding legislation to delist gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.

The draft release was circulated by an individual representing Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and Big Game Forever. The individual representing these two groups was immediately advised to remove the aforementioned organizations named in the release. Unfortunately, he did not, and the release was transmitted without correcting the inaccurate information.

The release in question claimed that the NRA, SCI and CSF along with the other organizations listed below are opposed to language relating to the delisting of gray wolves in spending legislation currently pending before the U.S. Congress. In fact, these organizations support that language, as well as every other measure that has been introduced in the U.S. House and Senate to date addressing this important issue.

Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.

NRA Federal Affairs
Jeff Freeman
Senior Federal Lobbyist
[email protected]
410 First Street S.E.
2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20003
tel: 202.651.2568
fax: 202.651.2577

Give Mr. Freeman a call, he may shed some light on things.

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

Thank you for the information Stillhunterman. I was unaware of some of the issues that are taking place. I became a member of BGF through personal e-mails that I recieved informing me of government action taking place in reguards to the wolf issues. I have written personal e-mails myself to legislators encouraging them to return managment of wildlife to the states through BGF's e-mail system. However like I said I was unaware that they had misrepresented information. I am a life member of the NRA and I support what they do as well as RMEF. I took the time to read alot of your posts as you suggested and I appreciate efforts you have made for wildlife. I would like to know more about United Wildlife Cooperative. Where do you guys stand on the wolf issues? What are your suggestions on restoring deer number to UT? How do you plan to disseminate that information so that sportsman can make informed decisions? What political action are you taking to ensure the future of wildlife? Like I said, I would like to lend my support and work with your organization provided we share similar beliefs.

Thank you

RidgeRebel

The Herald Journal actually did a pretty poor job reporting...as usual. I attended the meeting and was happy to see many 350ish sportsmen and women show up and let the governor know they are concerned about our deer herds.

Many questions were asked of the governor and his answers were as expected. However I thought it was good for him to see concerned sportsmen coming out in person to ask for his support. To discredit the sportsmen that traveled through terrible weather to get there and show support for wildlife is pretty pissss poor just because SFW was involved.

Let's let the mule deer continue to decline because we are worried about the SFW. This blows my mind!!!!! Let's not be heard by the governor because SFW might be there or ask him for help also. Unbelievable!!!!!!

We all deserve exactly what we are going to get out of the mess!

RR,

Go to the UWC facebook page and you will get all the info you would like, from members and the Board members as well. It's a work in progress as we are just a year old this month.

http://www.facebook.com/unitedwildlifecooperative

You can also email me any time. Appreciate your concern and activism as a sportsman!

[email protected]

Muley,

You are right to a certain degree, all too often some of do nothing but complain, putting blame on many, many things. It will be our own apathy that just might lead us down the path you suggest...

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

Muley 73,

I was also at the meeting. Having 350 hunters out of the 400 people at the meeting should send a message, that we need our deer herds fixed.

If some want to complain and stay home that is fine. We all love to hunt. We need finacial and policy support to help our struggling deer herds. The meeting was boring at times. It was a good start to getting some help.

I did not read anything negative about hunters in that article....

Plus I have not talk to a single person that said 300-350 folks in attendance had (SFW/BGF) blaze orange on...

So is/are the article and my friend's in attendance just a bunch of liars?

I did a search function for photo's of this Mule Deer Hunters with the Gov....(sic) meeting....not many (SFW/BGF) blaze orange....

Who should I/we believe?

Robb

Robb,
Not many SFW hats at the meeting. More camo than orange. The email I got said wear orange or camo. I counted myself and came up with over 300 sportsmen at the meeting. Maybe higher if you counted the kids. Believe who you want, but that is number I counted?????

My point was it good to see a large group of sportsmen show up and voice some concern about our deer herds to the governor. Regarless of who asked them to come. I know several guys that showed up that know nothing about the SFW or really care. The reason they showed up was to let the governor know they are concerned. To discredit that because Ryan sent out the word to get sportsmen there is something that I just dont understand.

If the UWC or MDF would have asked hunters to show up would that have made it ok?

I am not a memeber of SFW, never have been and probably never will be. They do some really good things and they do some things that I really really disagree with. Yet I showed up at the meeting, had my question presented to the governor and was able to listen to his answer. It was a town hall meeting, not a SFW dog and pony show.

Thanks to those that came out and showed their concern.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom