Austin Halleck Inline Muzzle loader- Help!

hawkbill

Very Active Member
I ran into this Austin Halleck 50 cal in-line muzzle loader, never been fired, Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel. It’s looks nice, feels nice, but I know nothing about them. I’m looking for some insight, pros, cons and value. It was made in Provo Utah. I have read bad and good comments on them, but really not a lot of info out there, plus I cannot find another one with a carbon fiber barrel, any responses would be much appreciated. I don’t Evan know what model it is. Thank You

Here’s the pictures

22FEE03F-6104-4CE2-A53D-43231E840E61.jpeg

74BBD9FD-C6F9-433F-BC6C-CAD643544C8E.jpeg

F3488975-76C6-4400-9E1F-12A5DD26CB3D.jpeg

As far as I know they are no longer made. I have 2 of them. One is a carbon barrel. One of the very first to have carbon barrel before they were offered. They shoot very good. With that being said , I have had two issues, be careful of the safety. Both had to be replaced. They would fire after the safety was put on. Blew a hole in floor of PU! Lucky didn’t happen while in field. The other issue is the barrel on some were threaded on crooked. Be fore I had my barrel carbon wrapped, I barely could sight in. Shot way left. Rear sight was all the way adjusted . Found out it was almost 1” off center from receiver to front sight.
I put a red dot on the regular barreled 50 cal. Really accurate!

Last edited:
Obviously you know they are no longer being made. Whats the asking price?
Does it have the 209 conversion or still running the #11 caps?
I have a right hand bolt with a left hand thumb hole stock, same color as yours. Long and Heavy sucker but deadly accurate with 2" group at 200 yards.
Never any problems with the gun.

They’ll shoot down power lines and start a forest fire...
My cousin had one, he was out sighting it in one day about 15 yrs ago... He had what he thought was a misfire but really it was a hang fire... He had the barrel pointed in the air when it went off, down came the power line and the fire started...
Sorry I went of topic there...

they are good shooters...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom