Averaging Points

callsalot

I know this question has probably been asked a million times but does Colorado average points for deer and elk? I have 13 Non res points and am looking at unit 76 archery elk. It's seems like my odds are still low with those point but I have a friend with 16 non res point that would be willing to go in with me to average at 14.5 but someone else told me CO doesn't average. Any clarification would be helpful.
Thanks.

Not only do they not average, they also use the individual who has the lowest number of points when applying as a group. So if you applied with your buddy you both would go into the draw with 13 points

Shootem, Thanks I always forget this. I've also been putting me son in for years waiting for him to build enough vacation to go on a good hunt. He always keep talking about averaging with me to go on a good hunt so we can both go. I guess now I can tell him I'm just along for the ride because he can't average his points. So this help answer the questions for both my friend and my son.
Thanks.

One of the reasons averaging wouldn't work well in Colorado is they let you return tags pretty liberally and people would abuse the averaging rule by putting in non-hunters and using their points. If they ever go to non-refundable licenses like other states, I hope they at least look at the idea of averaging which could help take some people out of the higher pool of points and allow families to hunt together easier (like in Wyoming). See the Wyoming Board for lots of fun point averaging creates with people selling their extra points...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom