Avgolemondo Soup

SS!

Long Time Member
Made some Avgolemondo Soup in the instant pot. Came out pretty tasty. Used Arborio rice which is hard to find in AK. We rarely eat anything besides wild game so it was nice to have chicken for once..
DB7C98E3-4DAF-48F9-8B8B-396B7E523574.jpeg

I know this is in Alaska, is that mosquito larva floating on top?

Just kidding. It looks delicious. I'll have to look up that recipe.

Very interesting, never heard of it. Looks wonderful tho. Will have to learn more about it. Thanks

Google is my friend! "Arborio rice is an Italian short-grain rice. ... When cooked, the rounded grains are firm, and creamy and chewy compared to other varieties of rice, due to their higher amylopectin starch content. It has a starchy taste and blends well with other flavours."

I will have to ask my Italian friend if she uses it in her various dishes. Sounds great, and I will look for it the next time I shop.

Here is the only brand I could find up here. It was in one of the specialty food stores. It was 35 dollars but way better than substituting orzo like other recipes call out. I’ve made the above dish 4 times so far with this container so the pain is less each time I make it. Hahaha
C9C72369-8D8F-41F3-8159-2C70AE6139C8.jpeg

Here is the only brand I could find up here. It was in one of the specialty food stores. It was 35 dollars but way better than substituting orzo like other recipes call out. I’ve made the above dish 4 times so far with this container so the pain is less each time I make it. HahahaView attachment 47127
Gulp!!! I thought I just read $35, but it was likely a typo, yes??
:rolleyes:

Sooo....I just checked my local Safeway.....

1627158548400.png

No you read it right. The Safeway up here says they stock it but they don’t. Chit is expensive up here..
Well I sure wouldn't be buying too many bottles of that rice. I hate to even ask what REAL food, like a good T-bone or rib steak costs per pound.

Didn't realize I've had this soup a few times & really like it. I usually try & stay away from foods I can't pronounce. Your version looks good SS!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom