Avocado prices where you’re at

SS!

Long Time Member
3.99 each here. Not too bad!
FD6590DC-D691-4305-A24B-DEB82066E7F4.jpeg

I've been buying them locally at Winco. They come in a bag with 6 Hass avocados for $2.89. I put 3 on the counter and 3 in the refrigerator so they don't all get ripe at once. They've had them for a couple months now and I can't resist buying them at that price.

In the late 50's I visited my cousin out in the country near Modesto, CA. Across the road from his house was a huge grape vineyard. Rows of grapes as far as the eye could see. We would go over there and steal grapes to eat and then get in a grape fight. It was fun until the farmer caught us one day. He told us we were welcome to eat all the grapes we wanted but don't waste them. I never stole another grape after that. My uncle later told us it was Ernest Gallo himself who caught us.

In the late 50's I visited my cousin out in the country near Modesto, CA. Across the road from his house was a huge grape vineyard. Rows of grapes as far as the eye could see. We would go over there and steal grapes to eat and then get in a grape fight. It was fun until the farmer caught us one day. He told us we were welcome to eat all the grapes we wanted but don't waste them. I never stole another grape after that. My uncle later told us it was Ernest Gallo himself who caught us.
Grapes? Oh man those are only for a special occasion up here. the good ones are at least 4 dollars a lb.

I have a friend coming up to go halibut fishing in June and he was like anything you want me to bring up? Avocadoes. As many as you can fit. He stopped laughing once he realized I was serious.

Just bought some watermelon for 1.30 a lb. Not sure if thats a good deal or not :D

Hey SS in the farmers market here we have fresh cherries, Apricots, peaches all in season right now. Avocados 5 to a bag for $3 med to large size.... Cherries are in and I am going with my Grandkids this weekend to pick them. We go in 5 lbs lighter than when we come out.... $2.00 a lb to pick in the store they are $5 a lb

Hey SS in the farmers market here we have fresh cherries, Apricots, peaches all in season right now. Avocados 5 to a bag for $3 med to large size.... Cherries are in and I am going with my Grandkids this weekend to pick them. We go in 5 lbs lighter than when we come out.... $2.00 a lb to pick in the store they are $5 a lb
Oh man I’m jealous. My daughter loves Rainer cherries which means lots of $$$$$$ up here.

Rainer cherries are in next week some this week but they won't be as sweet.
What will you trade for Cherries just sayin
Oh man not much to trade for up here. All we get are blueberries, raspberries and salmon berries. I do have a freezer full of halibut, salmon and rockfish though. ?

Inflation- China is giving us the shaft and US companies are making up for pandemic loss- IMHO.
We painted the foundation below the siding today. The masking tape cost 6.58 a roll. ?

....the masking tape price hasn't gone up at all........the value of your money has fallen

Local chain of Kroger's in Phoenix area has Haas 'large' avacados advertised this week for 75 cents ea.
Nice! I was just in Phoenix about a month ago and ate a lot of avocados because they were so cheap. The cashier said they were not even on sale.

Before I went to AZ I was shopping locally and saw halibut for 22/lb. Went to AZ and it was 23/lb

So if you guys are paying less than a buck a 'cado I could see us paying 1.50ish maybe two.

Ran to the grocery store this morning to get some fruit for my trip. Grapes, little oranges, watermelon and of course a few avocados. Little over 40 dollars :D

Before I went to AZ I was shopping locally and saw halibut for 22/lb. Went to AZ and it was 23/lb

So if you guys are paying less than a buck a 'cado I could see us paying 1.50ish maybe two.

Ran to the grocery store this morning to get some fruit for my trip. Grapes, little oranges, watermelon and of course a few avocados. Little over 40 dollars :D
Those high prices and six months of freezing your ass off in darkness are the penalties one pays for having access to great hunting opportunities. :ROFLMAO:

So this is what y’all talk about around a campfire? ???

My group of friends are usually talking about the gal that was stocking the avocados. Before I moved west I seriously have no recollection of anyone eating one, let alone seeing one in a store for sale.

So this is what y’all talk about around a campfire? ???

My group of friends are usually talking about the gal that was stocking the avocados. Before I moved west I seriously have no recollection of anyone eating one, let alone seeing one in a store for sale.
Big globs of well-made guacamole on nachos, enchiladas or burritos are...

yummy9.gif

The folks at the roadside fruit stand sell fresh green cow sh!t as guacamole. A little salt, pepper and lime and you gringos can't tell the difference.

If you take a Hass avocado seed and plant it, you won't get a Hass avocado tree. The different varieties have to be grafted. I learned that the hard way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom