Awesome Washington Ram Videos from ramslam

Life is great for him when all you have to worry about it a little hunting and playing on the computer. Damn, I knew I should have checked the box next to "Business" on my college application.

Whats up Utah Wayne.

Zack, it's good to see your around. I havn't been on here much for the past few months. Hows life and whats up with any future sheep hunts. One of the guys in our camp in the NWT came out from PA and hunted deer with us. Blair Soars and his friends. We had a ball and they took some great deer. I'm working on a Stone hunt. Keep in touch, Cal

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-03 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p] Whats up Glen? Not much going on in Ut. Getting pumped for Az. 41 sheep hunt in a couple weeks. Shan and the guys saw some slug rams last week here in Ut. Saw 6 rams over 160 and one toad in the 170s but didnt get him killed. Jay is going down again this week end. Me and Shan are going to hunt the wasatch front extended this weekend. We also have a Ut. split season permit we might try to fill. Later.........

Great video Zack, Any tips on judging Desert sheep ? I have a 46B tag and want to make sure I don't make a mistake. I am worried about over judging a ram or passing a ram because I under scored him. Thanks and good luck Todd

Washington Ram Videos from ramslam

Sorry for such a late reply...

Wayne, good to hear from you. I have been doing a bunch of computer work and predator hunting. My big game season this year was not too exciting. I didn't take anything. I did have fun cover a lot of country though. I bet you will have fun down in AZ. I hope you spot a big, old ram. Let me know how it goes.

CB, a Stone's hunt? That would be terrific. I hope you put something together. I don't have any sheep hunts planned, however, I would love to hunt free-range Aoudads this winter. I do remember Blair and I have e-mailed him a few times since our hunt. He had a story in Eastman's a while back. Sounds like you guys had a good season. Kade's buck sure was nice.

Todd, I'm afraid I don't have any great tips on judging Deserts. I have watched some Deserts out of Las Vegas while my friends were sleeping in or gambling, but I haven't had the chance to look them over and then see one dead to really get a feel for size. I have only taken one sheep, but in looking at several heads I think that judging a ram's mass from the side view, while focusing on the very back of the horn is the best way to compare mass. I have seen rams that are not similar at all in mass look fairly similar straight on. And when their walking straight away, they all look heavy to me. LOL. I am not an expert or even good, but that is what I currently look for. Anyone else have any tips of ram judging? Your tag is down on the Cabeza Prieta, right? I looked on a topo map and those mountains are separated by big, wide valleys. The mountain ranges are not all that huge, but the sides are just straight up and down. I can tell it is pretty rugged, even in terms of desert sheep mtns. Are you going doing this on your own or with a guide? I apply for the Cabeza Prieta and I hope you get a whopper ram. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom