Az 23 late archery elk

Lonebull

Hello everybody,
I hunted this unit during the late rifle hunt a few years back. So I’m pretty familiar with the areas I’d like to hunt.
im planning on mostly spot and stalk hunting. I really like the area, and won’t be to awful disappointed if I end up eating tag soup.
I’m just looking forward to another season chasing big bulls!
My question is this. From what I’ve heard most of the people sit in blinds on water? Do many people spot and stalk hunt for this hunt?
I don’t need to know how tough the hunt will be, I already know it will be, just curious how many people I’m likely to run into out spot and stalk hunting vs sitting in blund

My nephew had this tag several years ago took a ok bull, told me setting the waterholes wasn't a good way to go, since they had snow on the ground and a lot of waterholes was frozen over.
He set up treestands on a trail that he saw elk using a couple days in a row and took his bull from it.

Spot and stalk actually can work pretty well. The bulls are up and feeding during the day for quite a while when its cold. Last year, I think more bulls were taken spot and stalk and ambushing than sitting water.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom