AZ 6b archery elk, anybody?

Glunker

The luck of the draw has me hunting elk again. I understand this unit is good bull hunt with a lower density elk population. So far have not found anyone that has hunted it so putting this up to see who might have hunted it.

Ummm....... Better be WAY out of Kachina Village. Kachina Village is squarely in unit 6A.

OP, are you in AZ or out of state?? If in AZ and have time to scout, I would recommend grabbing an OTC deer tag and spending some time in the unit in the two weeks proceeding the hunt. You'll find where the elk are. There's plenty there.... ;)

IS THE AVAILABLE HABITAT FOR ELK AS SMALL AS I KEEP HEARING IT IS. MANY SAY IT GETS CROWED REAL FAST. I MIGHT HAVE TO SWITCH MY UNIT CHOICE.,,,,,,,,,,THANKS,.......YD.

You can get a big bull in just about any unit in az. And the forests are all busy between the campers and the 10 spotters every outfitter has.

That said, you can kill and elk in the nastiest place you would ever want in 6b. I can't imagine turning an early az elk tag back.

Last edited:
HEY GLUNKER SHOOT ME A PM ON HOW YOUR HUNT WENT, OR ANYBODY ELSE WITH HOW HUNTING IS IN 6B THIS FINE YEAR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME..............YD.

ANYONE HUNT 6B WITH A BOW FOR BULLS, JUST WONDERING HOW THAT HUNT WENT.........THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...............YD.

I have been apart of the Archery hunt on 6B two different times. 2006 and 2013. It was my dad and uncle who had the permits both times. Both of them are strictly sit over tanks and wait for a good close high percentage shot. We are non residents so scouting was very limited both times.

2006 hunt was very good by way of little to no people and lots of elk. Bugling bulls every day and my dad and I sat tanks for a week straight together. We had 6 different bulls come to water, a different bull each day. 4 of them were 300 to 320, one 330 bull and the biggest a 350 bull. Dad did not fill his tag for one reason or another. My uncle unfortunately fell from his treestand and broke his hip the evening of the first day and his hunt was over. That weighed heavy on us but we still had chances.

2013 was a totally different experience. Hunted the same amount of time in the same places. Tons of people and very limited elk activity. Did not even see 1 six point bull that year and never even had a close call due to so much activity in the area, whether it was hunters, campers, college kids partying or whatever.

I have chose not to put in for this area and have been building points for a possible great unit. We had hoped that 6B would be good for us since as a non resident you can draw it with minimal points.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom