AZ 7E late rifle bull

So_calhntr

So I’ve been reading thru the forums and I am in the boat where I drew my first ever elk tag and it was 7E late rifle bull. I’m from california (don’t shoot me) lol I have read the Arizona game website and I have put in 3 scouting trips so far, I have seen plenty of tracks, sh*t and most recently this past weekend some rubs from the rut... but I have yet to find one cow or bull for that matter, I have been all over this unit hiked tons of miles glassed my ass off but it just seems these elk are super elusive.. as the season is fast approaching I’m getting a little bit more worried not finding any elk just some sign. I’ve contacted the game warden who manages this unit as to some help where to begin way back in April and have since checked the areas he told me to but I guess my question is can anyone on here help me out with any info that might help me this season? I’m not looking to shoot a big bull just trying to have a good time and not picky at this point knowing what I know now.. any info someone is willing to share for my next scouting trip would be great or even tactics on these bulls for this new comber on elk hunting! I am willing to put in the work just need some help if anyone is willing to share thru PM! Yes I know it’s a sin to post specifics and no I’m not looking for anyone to give me a honey hole if there was such a thing in this unit. I’m willing to say what and where I’ve been looking thru PM if anyone wants to chat
Thanks guys!
Jake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom